Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OathKeeper/NRA Life Member/Instructor/Appleseed Sh
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Brand new daniel defense M4 profile barrel and a Medieval Comp/Brake. I would like to get them professionally and permanently mated. Is that now illegal too? If not who will do it?

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
Don't quote me... but if Daniel Defense doesn't do it, it may be illegal in the eyes of the DA.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't see how a DA is going to care as long as the comp and barrel are permanently fixed (pinned and welded).  A weld around the whole comp seems to be overkill.  But thats all gunsmith will do these days they are not the people interpreting the laws they just want there ass covered in case.  

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just had my comp tack welded on the bottom last week. Nobody knows for sure what's legal or not. Bob at country gunsmith said he was told by nys police that pinning wasn't legal that it needed to be tack welded so that's all i had done.

·
Registered
839 Posts
SteveM. Any chance you can post up a pic of the tac welded brake. Most of mine have been silver soldered/pinned and spot welded via adco, but if tac welded it too will help, $30 is not bad for peace of mind.

·
OathKeeper/NRA Life Member/Instructor/Appleseed Sh
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
longbeach tony said:
You might want to be very careful with this for now as the guys at CGT got popped for a factory Bushmaster.
What?!?!?

They got arrested for a FACTORY pinned/welded comp? Isn't this explicity spelled out and defined in the AWB???

WTF is going on here? And why aren't they filing suit if that's the case?

·
Banned
2,205 Posts
Will

I visited CGT yesterday, when I asked him why they were taking down all of his ARs they told me that one of the ones they got arrested for was a FACTORY Bushmaster.

This was no rifle that they chopped together and sold.

For me it changes the whole dynamic of this case.

Who knows what is legal or illegal according to the DA?

Until this gets sorted out they just can't take a chance on selling any ARs.

As far as a suit, that will be after the trial for the felony charges.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.