Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Somebody please refresh my memory on the legality of pinning a 30 round magazine to 10 rounds. Is riveting and epoxying enough in this farcacte state?
I use 20 rounders that are pinned and epoxied. I think that they have to be "permanently" modified, hence the epoxy.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Yes, the ones I use now are already modified by Magpul, but I used pop rivets with a block on some old 30 round milspec mags when I lived in NJ, we were limited to 15 rounds there.

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
Somebody please refresh my memory on the legality of pinning a 30 round magazine to 10 rounds. Is riveting and epoxying enough in this farcacte state?
If you even get the components close to each other, they will self-assemble into a killing machine the likes of which have not be known since, well since before the SAFE Act... or everyday in free states. How do they even survive with such things within the borders of their states? Everyday must be a struggle to survive.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
im sorry but a rivet is permanent imop and no epoxy is required if it can hold your car or a plane together it can hold the base plate in a mag
I agree, but a pin is not. A pin could be pushed out where a rivet would need to be drilled and then pushed out.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
If you even get the components close to each other, they will self-assemble into a killing machine the likes of which have not be known since, well since before the SAFE Act... or everyday in free states. How do they even survive with such things within the borders of their states? Everyday must be a struggle to survive.
This is pretty much spot on, its like the puddle cop guy from terminator.

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
This is pretty much spot on, its like the puddle cop guy from terminator.
"Puddle cop guy"???!!! He was the T-1000! Geez, go sit in the corner with a dunce cap on!

You wouldn't be calling him "Puddle cop guy" if he was stabbing you with his silvery, morphy, bladey, stabby thingies, now would ya?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.