Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4 and I love the way it feels in the hand with no back strap mounted. The sights suck though, they are very soft plastic, I will have a dealer mount some metal night nights ASAP. I also have to get used to the trigger, since I am used to the one on the HK45C. Who else has a G19 here?

·
Banned
4,993 Posts
Picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4 and I love the way it feels in the hand with no back strap mounted. The sights suck though, they are very soft plastic, I will have a dealer mount some metal night nights ASAP. I also have to get used to the trigger, since I am used to the one on the HK45C. Who else has a G19 here?
I had one but I traded it for a lapdance

·
Registered
576 Posts
I picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4 two weeks ago from Campsite. Great pistol

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Picked one up a few months back. The double recoil spring is a little tight and needs to be worked in. I was catching brass to face on PMC ammo and sometimes on Winchester.

Locked the slide back and let it sit for 10 hours. Then worked the slide for another 10-15 minutes to loosed that beeeatch up. Afterwards Zero brass to face.

115gr ammo wasn't strong enough to cycle the slide fully so the casing was getting shot at my forehead. Now she's fine.

I put on XS big dots did it myself. Took 1/2 hour as I took my time. Real simple.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Not so fast with the switch on the recoil spring.

I switched it out to the Brass Stacker Rachis recoil system initially. Light primer strikes GALORE. wasn't strong enough to return the slide into battery.

As I said.... work in the factory spring if you are getting BTF.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
I have Gen2, 3, & 4 19's. Fine pistols.

As far as recoil springs, I can only give you some advice. Shoot the ever loving crap out of the pistol. They are nice out of the box, and get sweeter the more you shoot it. Shoot, clean, shoot, clean and shoot some more.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
I have Gen2, 3, & 4 19's. Fine pistols.

As far as recoil springs, I can only give you some advice. Shoot the ever loving crap out of the pistol. They are nice out of the box, and get sweeter the more you shoot it. Shoot, clean, shoot, clean and shoot some more.
I would buy an aftermarket barrel for lead bullets.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I have a Gen 3 19, which was my first pistol and is awesome. It's the one I've used for my personal defense classes, my first carry pistol, and my HD gun, which is also mounted with Crimson Trace laser grips. Most versatile/all around gun ever in my opinion.

I haven't fired it muchin a long time because of the 9mm shortage, but i had a pretty good stock of .40S&W so I bought a G23--same size as 19, but in Gen 4 and I too *love* the way it feels with no strap mounted, though the options are cool. While it's a neat one, and the one all the cops have, I'm contemplating selling it because I already have some others to shoot .40 from, and I'm thinking about switching to either a Glock 20SF, 27, or possibly a 26.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts