·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Same here, CVS.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyplace which provides passport photos.
Gary
I ended up going to CVS WE ALL GOOD.. Thanks for the assistance.

An FYI. I asked how long the waiting time for a NEW permit -from beginning to end it's going to be 2 years. and for a renewal as long as a month and as little as 2 weeks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but here goes...
This thread is in the "Suffolk County licensing/laws" section of the forum.
So, we all know Suffolk is divided between SCPD in Yaphank, and the Sheriff's Department in Riverhead.
I just got my license last month (through SCPD in Yaphank), so I obviously haven't had to renew before.
This thread is about renewing through the Sheriff's Dept, right?
I ask because I didn't have to provide a picture for SCPD Yaphank, they took my picture right at the counter.
Or, something else?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on getting the License.
Nope.... SCPD.
I asked about where to get a photo shot because i was renewing thru SCPD.The renew instructions requires a recent photo.
5 years is a long time. I got a lot more handsome since my last renewal. I think i had to have a photo taken when i first applied too... been ages cant remember that far back.
The photo they take of you is the photo that goes on your license. The photo you provide for renewing I believe would be the photo that they would use if they needed to drag you out of the house or to ID you if there was an issue.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats on getting the License.
Nope.... SCPD.
I asked about where to get a photo shot because i was renewing thru SCPD.The renew instructions requires a recent photo.
5 years is a long time. I got a lot more handsome since my last renewal. I think i had to have a photo taken when i first applied too... been ages cant remember that far back.
The photo they take of you is the photo that goes on your license. The photo you provide for renewing I believe would be the photo that they would use if they needed to drag you out of the house or to ID you if there was an issue.
I see.
So the picture on your license doesn't change when you renew? They just file the new picture you give them?
Can you renew by mail only, or do you have to go to Yaphank?
If you can renew by mail, I suppose having to get your own photo makes more sense in that case.
But, if you must go to Yaphank (or just choose to go to Yaphank), then I still wouldn't get why they just don't take a new photo at the counter while you're standing there.
Oh well, doesn't matter I guess, I was just curious.
They'll probably adjust the process before I'm due to renew anyway, lol.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey there,
The photo does change. When you drop off your renewal paperwork they do snap a photo of you.That new photo is what goes on your new updated license.(after the renewal process is completed)
You do have to report to HQ to drop off your renewal PW.I don't think it can be done by mail.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The photo that you supply to them during the renewal process is just for them to keep on file -that does not go on the new license. When you are there (dropping off the renewal paperwork) they do snap a photo of you and i believe that photo is what goes on the renewed license.

·
Registered
886 Posts
For your renewal, they take a pix for your license. For the one you attach to your renewal paperwork, as said above, any passport photo you can get taken works.
For my last 3 renewals, I've taken my own photo (digital camera in the past, this year my cellphone), edit/crop to size in software, printed it out on photo stock on my inkjet or laser,cut to size, and paste on and done.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Mine was hanging in the post office anyway so I just told them to use that one. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts