Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Philly police arrested 8 people carrying legally

3K views 57 replies 24 participants last post by  hunter won 
#1 ·
#52 ·
dv0042 said:
Do my eyes deceive me, or is this actually an ACLU lawyer defending the right to keep and bear arms? Historically, that organization has screamed bloody murder any time anything guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is infringed upon, except the 2A. I didn't think they knew it existed. Are we in the Twilight Zone?
I don't think the ACLU would touch this case if they were "******* Good Ol' Boys", the ACLU is not interested in defending this type.

#53 ·
I think you will see the ACLU step in whenever somebody is arrested and charged with a crime where none exists, particularly if they see it as discriminatory, systematic, and alienating basic rights. Because of political schizm the ACLU does not regard the 2A rights as highly as the 1A and basic human rights, but particularly where race, ethnicity, and politics are seen as contributary factors I think you'll see more of this from the ACLU. And good for them.

On the matter of the Philly cops try to "establish a totalitarian regime" I don't think so. When they start the "ethnic cleansing" and shoving people into ovens and gas chambers give me a holler. The nazis started out with propaganda and pograms (that's pograms not programs) aimed at religious and ethnic minorities that they could blame Germany's woes on and incite hatred against, and moving thier increasingly powerful military against said groups in order to use nationalistic pride as an excuse to squash said minorities which has been portrayed as "evil". You were either a patriot or a Jew lover. Yeah I see some of this today but it'sa not coming from the Philly PD, at least not that I know of. If you are opposed to this sort of thing, look around you and recognize it when it happens and stand up and say something about it. and don't take any BS from somebody who says you are not a good patriot or a good american because you aren't willing to jump on the bendwagon and damn a religious or racial minority faction.

#54 ·
I think you will see the ACLU step in whenever somebody is arrested and charged with a crime where none exists, particularly if they see it as discriminatory, systematic, and alienating basic rights. Because of political schizm the ACLU does not regard the 2A rights as highly as the 1A and basic human rights, but particularly where race, ethnicity, and politics are seen as contributary factors I think you'll see more of this from the ACLU. And good for them.

On the matter of the Philly cops try to "establish a totalitarian regime" I don't think so. When they start the "ethnic cleansing" and shoving people into ovens and gas chambers give me a holler. The nazis started out with propaganda and pograms (that's pograms not programs) aimed at religious and ethnic minorities that they could blame Germany's woes on and incite hatred against, and moving thier increasingly powerful military against said groups in order to use nationalistic pride as an excuse to squash said minorities which has been portrayed as "evil". You were either a patriot or a Jew lover. Yeah I see some of this today but it'sa not coming from the Philly PD, at least not that I know of. If you are opposed to this sort of thing, look around you and recognize it when it happens and stand up and say something about it. and don't take any BS from somebody who says you are not a good patriot or a good american because you aren't willing to jump on the bendwagon and damn a religious or racial minority faction.

#56 ·
madmax said:
gun control has not relaxed, really. Its tracking is better, so that they know what you have faster and more accurately than before.

As evil as you may feel the Nazi's and Hitler was, they all had to start SOMEWHERE.

They didn't go from tree hugging hippies to executioner in one day.

All it would take is another AWB- and all these gains that we (except NYS and a few others) enjoy would be gone.
I think you have the order wrong. The Nazis started with Jew hating and progressed to gun control as a tool to exterminate Jews, not the other way around.

Gun control in the US has significantly relaxed. Look at the number of states that have CCW now compared to 20 years ago. Some states (Arizona, Iowa) just this year adopted significant expansion of the right to carry. The right to carry in National parks is another big change.

The NY AWB is always touted as a big restriction but I did a search on Lexis-Nexis and could not find ONE successful prosecution under it in NY! (I do not want any one on this forum to break the AWB just to become a test case) The percentage of the population in this country that is pro-gun has significantly improved.

I am not advocating relaxing our guard or slowing down our fight for 2A rights, I am saying that we have made progress and we should acknowledge that progress. Acknowledging progress gives hope to those fighting for our rights.

#55 ·
madmax said:
gun control has not relaxed, really. Its tracking is better, so that they know what you have faster and more accurately than before.

As evil as you may feel the Nazi's and Hitler was, they all had to start SOMEWHERE.

They didn't go from tree hugging hippies to executioner in one day.

All it would take is another AWB- and all these gains that we (except NYS and a few others) enjoy would be gone.
I think you have the order wrong. The Nazis started with Jew hating and progressed to gun control as a tool to exterminate Jews, not the other way around.

Gun control in the US has significantly relaxed. Look at the number of states that have CCW now compared to 20 years ago. Some states (Arizona, Iowa) just this year adopted significant expansion of the right to carry. The right to carry in National parks is another big change.

The NY AWB is always touted as a big restriction but I did a search on Lexis-Nexis and could not find ONE successful prosecution under it in NY! (I do not want any one on this forum to break the AWB just to become a test case) The percentage of the population in this country that is pro-gun has significantly improved.

I am not advocating relaxing our guard or slowing down our fight for 2A rights, I am saying that we have made progress and we should acknowledge that progress. Acknowledging progress gives hope to those fighting for our rights.

#57 ·
Philly makes it very hard to obtain a permit if you have a history of tickets or several encounters with police.Many opt for Utah and Florida however many police won't recognize or honor an out of state permit.I suggest getting a PA LTC just in case,it's only $26 USD.Their's a PA politician who is trying to do away with reciprocity and require a PA Non -Res LTC.I believe theirs more to the story with every arrest made regarding the weapons.Menacing is a popular way for getting locked up with a valid gun permit.

#58 ·
Philly makes it very hard to obtain a permit if you have a history of tickets or several encounters with police.Many opt for Utah and Florida however many police won't recognize or honor an out of state permit.I suggest getting a PA LTC just in case,it's only $26 USD.Their's a PA politician who is trying to do away with reciprocity and require a PA Non -Res LTC.I believe theirs more to the story with every arrest made regarding the weapons.Menacing is a popular way for getting locked up with a valid gun permit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.