Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Philly police arrested 8 people carrying legally

3K views 57 replies 24 participants last post by  hunter won 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#7 ·
winston said:
How does one get a non resedent carry ?????
Once you get your NY license you cam apply to Pa, New Hampshire, Ct and with a course or two Utah and Florida. I'm probably missing a fe but others can fill you in. I have Pa and NH.

Here is info for Pa.

longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1281907247.5697/s-5/highlight-Centre+county/#num5,

#8 ·
winston said:
How does one get a non resedent carry ?????
Once you get your NY license you cam apply to Pa, New Hampshire, Ct and with a course or two Utah and Florida. I'm probably missing a fe but others can fill you in. I have Pa and NH.

Here is info for Pa.

longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1281907247.5697/s-5/highlight-Centre+county/#num5,

#10 ·
Lt. Fran Healy, special adviser to the police commissioner, acknowledged that some city cops apparently are unfamiliar with some concealed-carry permits. But he said that it's better for cops to "err on the side of caution."

"Officers' safety comes first, and not infringing on people's rights comes second," Healy said.
Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/top_story/20100831_Guns_of_Contention__If_Philadelphia_says_no__Florida_can_say_yes.html#ixzz0yJHNpWvH
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
So if we dont know the laws its a problem, but when the cops dont know the laws, its ok!

#9 ·
Lt. Fran Healy, special adviser to the police commissioner, acknowledged that some city cops apparently are unfamiliar with some concealed-carry permits. But he said that it's better for cops to "err on the side of caution."

"Officers' safety comes first, and not infringing on people's rights comes second," Healy said.
Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/top_story/20100831_Guns_of_Contention__If_Philadelphia_says_no__Florida_can_say_yes.html#ixzz0yJHNpWvH
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
So if we dont know the laws its a problem, but when the cops dont know the laws, its ok!

#12 ·
If you have a NRA Basic Pistol Certificate (a good idea either way) and your NY license, you can apply to Florida or Conntcticut.

For Florida, call 1.858.245.5691 and request an information packet.

For Connecticut, 1.860.685.8494 and request an info packet.

For Pennsylvania, call 1.814.355.6803 and request the application.

For Utah, which grants you the most reciprocity (states that recognize the Utah license) you need to take a Utah specific class. On the plus side, you don't need a NYS license to get a Utah license.

For a list of reciprocity with various states check out www.usacarry.com

#11 ·
If you have a NRA Basic Pistol Certificate (a good idea either way) and your NY license, you can apply to Florida or Conntcticut.

For Florida, call 1.858.245.5691 and request an information packet.

For Connecticut, 1.860.685.8494 and request an info packet.

For Pennsylvania, call 1.814.355.6803 and request the application.

For Utah, which grants you the most reciprocity (states that recognize the Utah license) you need to take a Utah specific class. On the plus side, you don't need a NYS license to get a Utah license.

For a list of reciprocity with various states check out www.usacarry.com

#17 ·
bloombitis!!! it's an epidemic.  

#18 ·
bloombitis!!! it's an epidemic.  

#21 ·
TJ Ironhorse said:
Philly PD has been doing as they please for quite some time. These Nazi's need to be stopped pronto! I hope the folks it happened to file a suit against the dept, and each officer individualy.
JMO
TJ
Although I agree with your sentiment and disgust in what the Philly PD are doing please refrain from trivializing the horrific acts of the Nazi's. The Nazi's persecuted and slaughtered millions by summary execution and death camps. As the Son of a Camp Survivor, who lost a large part of his family in the Holocaust, it irks me to hear this term thrown around whenever some one is disgusted with someone's acts. You may not realize it, but by calling the Philly PD "Nazi's" all you are doing is helping diminish the Nazi's atrocities.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - NEVER FORGET.

#22 ·
TJ Ironhorse said:
Philly PD has been doing as they please for quite some time. These Nazi's need to be stopped pronto! I hope the folks it happened to file a suit against the dept, and each officer individualy.
JMO
TJ
Although I agree with your sentiment and disgust in what the Philly PD are doing please refrain from trivializing the horrific acts of the Nazi's. The Nazi's persecuted and slaughtered millions by summary execution and death camps. As the Son of a Camp Survivor, who lost a large part of his family in the Holocaust, it irks me to hear this term thrown around whenever some one is disgusted with someone's acts. You may not realize it, but by calling the Philly PD "Nazi's" all you are doing is helping diminish the Nazi's atrocities.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - NEVER FORGET.

#24 ·
Mary Catherine Roper, a staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania's Philadelphia office, said that the cases seem "pretty outrageous."

"This idea of taking people's guns who are carrying them legally and arresting them is absurd," she said. "The police don't get to decide what is a crime - they only get to enforce what is a crime.
Do my eyes deceive me, or is this actually an ACLU lawyer defending the right to keep and bear arms? Historically, that organization has screamed bloody murder any time anything guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is infringed upon, except the 2A. I didn't think they knew it existed. Are we in the Twilight Zone?

#23 ·
Mary Catherine Roper, a staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania's Philadelphia office, said that the cases seem "pretty outrageous."

"This idea of taking people's guns who are carrying them legally and arresting them is absurd," she said. "The police don't get to decide what is a crime - they only get to enforce what is a crime.
Do my eyes deceive me, or is this actually an ACLU lawyer defending the right to keep and bear arms? Historically, that organization has screamed bloody murder any time anything guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is infringed upon, except the 2A. I didn't think they knew it existed. Are we in the Twilight Zone?

#26 ·
Just remember, THERE ARE THREE SIDES TO EVERY STORY. We will proubally never hear the truth.  Have you been in south philly lately?

#25 ·
Just remember, THERE ARE THREE SIDES TO EVERY STORY. We will proubally never hear the truth.  Have you been in south philly lately?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.