Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
957 Posts
Philadelphia for many years has attempted to disregard PA state pre-emption law. going back to when Rendell was Mayor. I hope I'm smelling a class action suit. Pittsburgh has also tried to do what it wants.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Philadelphia for many years has attempted to disregard PA state pre-emption law. going back to when Rendell was Mayor. I hope I'm smelling a class action suit. Pittsburgh has also tried to do what it wants.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
winston said:
How does one get a non resedent carry ?????
Once you get your NY license you cam apply to Pa, New Hampshire, Ct and with a course or two Utah and Florida. I'm probably missing a fe but others can fill you in. I have Pa and NH.

Here is info for Pa.

longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1281907247.5697/s-5/highlight-Centre+county/#num5,

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
winston said:
How does one get a non resedent carry ?????
Once you get your NY license you cam apply to Pa, New Hampshire, Ct and with a course or two Utah and Florida. I'm probably missing a fe but others can fill you in. I have Pa and NH.

Here is info for Pa.

longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1281907247.5697/s-5/highlight-Centre+county/#num5,

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Lt. Fran Healy, special adviser to the police commissioner, acknowledged that some city cops apparently are unfamiliar with some concealed-carry permits. But he said that it's better for cops to "err on the side of caution."

"Officers' safety comes first, and not infringing on people's rights comes second," Healy said.
Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/top_story/20100831_Guns_of_Contention__If_Philadelphia_says_no__Florida_can_say_yes.html#ixzz0yJHNpWvH
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
So if we dont know the laws its a problem, but when the cops dont know the laws, its ok!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Lt. Fran Healy, special adviser to the police commissioner, acknowledged that some city cops apparently are unfamiliar with some concealed-carry permits. But he said that it's better for cops to "err on the side of caution."

"Officers' safety comes first, and not infringing on people's rights comes second," Healy said.
Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/top_story/20100831_Guns_of_Contention__If_Philadelphia_says_no__Florida_can_say_yes.html#ixzz0yJHNpWvH
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
So if we dont know the laws its a problem, but when the cops dont know the laws, its ok!

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
If you have a NRA Basic Pistol Certificate (a good idea either way) and your NY license, you can apply to Florida or Conntcticut.

For Florida, call 1.858.245.5691 and request an information packet.

For Connecticut, 1.860.685.8494 and request an info packet.

For Pennsylvania, call 1.814.355.6803 and request the application.

For Utah, which grants you the most reciprocity (states that recognize the Utah license) you need to take a Utah specific class. On the plus side, you don't need a NYS license to get a Utah license.

For a list of reciprocity with various states check out www.usacarry.com

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
If you have a NRA Basic Pistol Certificate (a good idea either way) and your NY license, you can apply to Florida or Conntcticut.

For Florida, call 1.858.245.5691 and request an information packet.

For Connecticut, 1.860.685.8494 and request an info packet.

For Pennsylvania, call 1.814.355.6803 and request the application.

For Utah, which grants you the most reciprocity (states that recognize the Utah license) you need to take a Utah specific class. On the plus side, you don't need a NYS license to get a Utah license.

For a list of reciprocity with various states check out www.usacarry.com

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Philly PD has been doing as they please for quite some time. These Nazi's need to be stopped pronto! I hope the folks it happened to file a suit against the dept, and each officer individualy.
JMO
TJ

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Philly PD has been doing as they please for quite some time. These Nazi's need to be stopped pronto! I hope the folks it happened to file a suit against the dept, and each officer individualy.
JMO
TJ

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
bloombitis!!! it's an epidemic.  

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
bloombitis!!! it's an epidemic.  

1 - 20 of 58 Posts