Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Permit renewal

447 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Nordon
A friend of mine got his renewal packet from Westchester County Clerk and i was surprised to see that one of the items needed was a Authorization for Release of Personal Information. He has been a full carry holder for 15 years so its not an amendment to upgrade from a sportsman or a new permit but just a renewal.I thought they squashed this requirement due to HIPPA laws and other privacy laws?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
What constitutes "Personal Information"; everything & anything?
What constitutes "Personal Information"; everything & anything?
Apparently.
A friend of mine got his renewal packet from Westchester County Clerk and i was surprised to see that one of the items needed was a Authorization for Release of Personal Information. He has been a full carry holder for 15 years so its not an amendment to upgrade from a sportsman or a new permit but just a renewal.I thought they squashed this requirement due to HIPPA laws and other privacy laws?
Since the CCIA, Westchester, NYC, Nassau and Suffolk require the 18 hour training for Full Carry. Each county is adding new restrictions to obtain a Full Carry.
This sounds to me like their way of getting around HIPPA.
And grounds for a new string of lawsuits...
Reactions: 1
Since the CCIA, Westchester, NYC, Nassau and Suffolk require the 18 hour training for Full Carry. Each county is adding new restrictions to obtain a Full Carry.
He has a full carry already they just want him to renew.
Suffolk & Nassau have gotten away with this since day one, I make the statement, which is 100% true, as this is a situation where you would need to disclose to an LEO agency that you are HIV+ to exercise a constitutional right, in what other situation would this not be me by mass protest by the gay community ? You would literally need to tell them you are HIV+ if you took a medication, they require you disclose and why Rx’d, if it were for symptoms of that, or as related to any other illness. This is especially distressing as it is NOT required by the state for this STATE license, but required by the county. When I had to report as such, not for HIV, but for disc degeneration in my lower back, and went to my doctor for the required note, and he told me that this is completely in conflict with Dr/Patient privacy laws, and such even closely scrutinized with a criminal investigation and requiring such information without a court order.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts