Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a five day camping trip at the Water Gap KOA in Pennsylvania. There were eleven of us in all (my three adult kids with a bunch of the grandkids and my great grandson). The campground was very well maintained, there is a ton of stuff for the kids to do at the campsite and lot in the general area to do. And for those that just can be without a connection to the WWW for a few days there is even spotty wifi at the campsite.

For the most part the weather cooperated (actually got a little chilly at night) and with the cookouts, campfires, outdoor pool, huge kids playground and Saturday night live entertainment everyone had a great time. I would definitely recommend this campsite for those with kids looking for a place within a three hour drive (assuming the Cross Bronx isn't backed up from one end to the other).

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
We will be camping at the Promised Land State Park in PA in a few weeks! I've also just purchased a PA State Land 1 year shooting range pass as well so maybe I can go out there with my long guns and try out the range.

·
Registered
577 Posts
We will be camping at the Promised Land State Park in PA in a few weeks! I've also just purchased a PA State Land 1 year shooting range pass as well so maybe I can go out there with my long guns and try out the range.
I was just at Promised Land State Park last week with the family. They have a nice beach, and alot of scheduled activities for the kids such as arts & crafts every Wednesday. Here's a link to the calendar of upcoming events there:

http://events.dcnr.pa.gov/promised_land_state_park#.WYwsXHq2Ugk

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I was just at Promised Land State Park last week with the family. They have a nice beach, and alot of scheduled activities for the kids such as arts & crafts every Wednesday. Here's a link to the calendar of upcoming events there:

http://events.dcnr.pa.gov/promised_land_state_park#.WYwsXHq2Ugk
That's good to know! Thanks for the link. As a matter of fact we will there on a Wednesday so i'll check out the activities. We've booked a cottage/cabin there so it should be fun.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Love Promised Land State Park!!!!

Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts