Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old 1979 Remington 582 tube felt bolt action rifle. Im looking to add a peep sight to the back of the receiver. The problem im having is that the receiver doesnt have any scope holes in the top. All i have is the standard scope rail. So far ive only found sights that screw into the top. Id really perfer to not alter the gun if I dont have to. Has anyone one seen anything like this before?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking on their site but saw "In Most Cases these sights utilize dovetail or existing screws on top of the receiver for installation" so I'm a little reluctant without being able to see a picture of them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Most of the older 22 rifles use a grouve for scope mounting instead of a base. Very common. Williams makes a very good sight for this type of set up, used to be maketed as the 5D ( 5 dollar sight). I believe Midway carries this sight, or any good shop you perfer will order one for you.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Williams has a Target-FP Model# 540 for the Remington 582, but drilling and tapping is required. See page 15

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have a peep sight on my #4MK1 and like I have said the single most accurate rifle I have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.