Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been to the pistol/shotgun line at Calverton. What is the max distance? I'm looking to pattern a shotgun at 30 yards. I assume I'll have to bring my own movable target.

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts
Fixed target stands are 50 yards. There is one moveable stand still there.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would bring some cardboard and duct tape
I've got a few political signs from the last election somewhere, I was just going to tape a large target to those and stick them in the sand.

Reactions: pitbull428

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Are you allowed to put your own target stands out there? I would love to actually do some practice with a shotgun somewhere outside of a 200 dollar MDTS class, but I don't see myself engaging anyone with a 12 gauge at 50 yards.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you allowed to put your own target stands out there? I would love to actually do some practice with a shotgun somewhere outside of a 200 dollar MDTS class, but I don't see myself engaging anyone with a 12 gauge at 50 yards.
I believe only on the pistol side. On the rifle line I think you have to use what's left of the targets there.

Sent from my Nexus 5

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Bring a large corrugated cardboard box to just stand up between the pistols and the shotguns on the pistol side. Just don't leave it out there or you know who will not be happy. I was thinking of doing the same thing after putting a long fiber optic on my 20ga. O/U, but I shot a couple of slugs at Mitchell and it seems dead on with them. (or I got lucky)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Every time I shoot shotgun at Calverton, I bring four or five boxes big enough for a 12x18 target. You'll need to weigh them down to fight the shotgun blasts and/or wind. Ammo boxes full of sand and rocks work well. Boxes close up, slug change-over for the 50 yard targets. Mix it up a bit. My local stop n' shop has a table with their produce boxes that are free for whoever want them. Works out really well. I haven't seen other supermarkets do that, so I've just asked for their boxes if I need to. They don't have any issue handing them over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.