Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago parkways used to have their own CB channels other then 19. Does anyone remember what channel was for what pkwy? Do they still use them anymore?

NSP
SSP
CIP
GCP
Sprain
Taconic

·
Registered
856 Posts
I might be one of the few who still uses a CB. I can tell you channel 19 is for the LIE and bridges that have commercial traffic as well as the main roads through the Bronx and Staten Island wherever truckers travel.

I do not think any of the parkways really have designated channel's anymore since it seems to me only truckers are using CB's.

See Pate's comment on cellphones......."Video killed the radio stars"

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know CB's have gone the way of rotary phones, but cellphones and internet still can't give you real time locations of bears with radar like CB's do! I know commercial roads use 19, but I seem to remember CIP was ch 10(?), NSP was 21 (?).

You're probably right though, no one uses them anymore and they're just a part of history now!

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Back in the 80's early 90's channel 10 was used on the Southern state parkway, I think it was also used on the Northern as well. Back then there was Tony Cobra near exit 28 here was blind and operated a base station, there was Kicker, Steeltoy, Lucky13 just to name a few all traveled the SS early morning and in the evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.