1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
3,178 Posts

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
No need to be concerned, Bloomturd will "make them whole".

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
But the Brady group only cares about one thing, drumming up donations to the Brady group. So these people are screwed.

I'm having a difficult time conjuring up any concern or sympathy for them. If you lie down with dogs.....
Yeah.

I feel bad that they lost a daughter to a murdering psycho POS but they are asshats.
Reading their quotes in the article makes me hope they end up in a homeless shelter:

"The NRA lawyers defended lucky gunner. It's their money that's behind this lawsuit. They're making an example of Sandy and I. They don't want anybody to file any suit against firearm dealers of any kind," said Lonnie Philipps in an interview with MSNBC."

In the initial complaint, the Phillips argued the shooter, who had a documented history of mental illness but nothing that warranted police response, should have been denied by the online retailers when he tried to buy items he would later use to commit the heinous act. They also argued that the sheer quantity of the items - thousands of rounds of ammo, for example - should have raised a flag.

"We are going to go after this law through the legislative path, not the judicial," he said. "Colorado law and federal law has made it very clear that anybody - if our daughter had been shot with a BB gun in the eye we would have a better chance of some kind of redress in the courts.

I wonder if their daughter was run over by a guy in a corvette with prior speeding tickets or hit & runs if they would have sued the Chevy dealer?
Actually I don't wonder that at all. We all know they wouldn't.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,246 Posts
These people have been victimized, twice: first by the shooter, then by the Brady Campaign, which knew you can't sue a legal dealer, for processing a legal transaction. It's no different than trying to sue a car dealer, because someone, to whom they sold a car, committed a crime with that car.
Gary

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
First ...they were played by the anti-gun people and second ...what were they gonna do with the any "award" they might have gotten for the life of their kid? buy a bigger house or donate it to ..the anti-gun people?

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
These people have been victimized, twice: first by the shooter, then by the Brady Campaign, which knew you can't sue a legal dealer, for processing a legal transaction. It's no different than trying to sue a car dealer, because someone, to whom they sold a car, committed a crime with that car.
Gary
Reading the nonsense that supposedly they vomited it's hard to believe they didn't go into this with both eyes open.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,246 Posts
Reading the nonsense that supposedly they vomited it's hard to believe they didn't go into this with both eyes open.
I hear your point but we don't know if they were spewing what they were told to spew, as part of the Brady-sponsored court action or if they really believed it. Either way, they lost a child, without cause.
Gary

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
You would think that a tragedy like this would make you wake up and say if my family was cc could they have prevented this nut job that had one thing on his mind take out as many as possible, maybe, maybe not but at least she or some one else in the theater would have had a chance to defend themselves and those around them. Tragic loss but do not blame the tool, blame the operator.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
They teamed up with the Brady group who is known to exploit these mass shootings to advance their own political agenda ,they got the publicity knowing they had no case and now it's time to move on...

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
the brady group and other gun control groups talk to victims families and tell them they can help prevent these senseless killings.

what they don't tell them is more gun control will really only effect law abiding citizens like us.

crazy people and criminals are not concerned with the law.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yet another example of anti gunners standing on dead bodies to push forward their agenda.

By their logic, if I get killed by a drunk driver my family can sue the automobile manufacturer, oil / gas company and alcohol company?

Sounds legit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.