Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"LYNNFIELD, MA-In an effort to provide sanctuary for Lynnfield College students exposed to
perspectives different from their own, a new campus safe space was dedicated Wednesday in
honor of Alexis Stigmore, a 2009 graduate who felt kind of weird in class one time.

Addressing students at the dedication ceremony, parents Arnold and Cassie Stigmore noted
that while the college had adequate facilities to assist victims of discrimination, abuse,
and post-traumatic stress, it had until now offered no comparable safe space for students,
like their beloved daughter, who encounter an academic viewpoint that gives them an
uncomfortable feeling."

Read the rest: http://www.theonion.com/article/parents-dedicate-new-college-safe-space-honor-daug-50851

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts
Reactions: NRATC53

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
errrrr...guys....the "news report,"....ahhh....emmmm...it's from The Onion. You might want to consider this before making any more comments.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
It a JOKE page! Not real. Jeez you guys are goofs.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
It a JOKE page! Not real. Jeez you guys are goofs.
I clicked on the link and started reading the story.
The really sad think is I believed it was possible until I looked at the source.

The really sad think is not that someone might be so gullible as to believe this but with all the insanity liberals have celebrated for at least the last 10 years it's actually believable.
Except for the parents paying for it. That's the least believable thing about this story
Instead they would either sue or complain to have the state pay for it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Its a joke page but not too far from the truth. I bet it was inspired by this article. College safe space for those who might find discussing sexual assault too troubling. From the article ...

"The safe space, Ms. Byron explained, was intended to give people who might find comments "troubling" or "triggering," a place to recuperate. The room was equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies, as well as students and staff members trained to deal with trauma."

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Is that safe space also a gun free zone ?

Reactions: llaara
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.