Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
6,050 Posts
And yet I know far too many absolutely beautiful, wonderful people who would be awesome parents, but need to go to extraordinary measures to have kids, and even then, it sometimes doesn't work. People like that one in the article always seem to have the ability to breed at will...

Sad.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
The Big Ox said:
And yet I know far too many absolutely beautiful, wonderful people who would be awesome parents, but need to go to extraordinary measures to have kids, and even then, it sometimes doesn't work. People like that one in the article always seem to have the ability to breed at will...

Sad.
What Frank said!

·
Sharp Shooter!
482 Posts
The Big Ox said:

Sad.
And then when they try to adopt they have to jump thru hoops and endure long waiting times. Then there are crack addicts who spit out kids like a Pez dispenser deprive & abandon their childred but live in the same house because the grandparent is the foster parent who is receiveing mony for housing them.

Don't make sense.

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
At least they didn't allow him to smoke with the can in the car. ;D

·
Banned
6,050 Posts
Lee442 said:
And then when they try to adopt they have to jump thru hoops and endure long waiting times. Then there are crack addicts who spit out kids like a Pez dispenser deprive & abandon their childred but live in the same house because the grandparent is the foster parent who is receiveing mony for housing them.

Don't make sense.
+1

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
cMc214 said:
Safety first!

They gave the kid filtered cigarettes when he can smoke.

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,893 Posts
Some people really shouldn't reproduce...

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
You know, they did not even have seat belts when some of us were kids, let alone cushy little jumper seats to cradle our precious tots like delicate eggs. And we rode in the front seat too. The "child restraint" was mom's hand whipping out to karate chop you at throat level when somebody ran a stop sign or a ball bounced in front of the car.

Which is safer, having a kid that is not buckled up, or driving around in a car full of spilled gasoline.?

I think some people might be overreacting a little bit, I have seen worse examples of parenting- much,much worse!

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
I think Capt Will has a point there...

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
This happened in Aurora, Colo. I wonder if they stopped all of the cars on that road and cuffed the adults in search of more gas cans. I mean, any vehicle could have had a gas can so you have to search them all....

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Ramone said:
I think Capt Will has a point there...
When my brother and I were young, my folks made us "booster seats" so we could see out of the back seat of Dad's Studebaker on trips. They took a Pepsi crate and covered it with some padding and slick vinyl upholstery hammered in with large brass furniture tacks. It worked fine to see out but if we went around a curve, we would slide off of the seat and into the floor--unless your clothes got caught on the tacks of course. ;)

And no, the car didn't have any seatbelts.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Skateboards with metal wheels, no such thing as knee pads, and if we put on a helmet to ride our bicycles, our friends would have laughed their asses off. Just sayin, - the world sure has changed, when we now condemn someone for securing a full can of gasoline in lieu of a toddler, to the point of it becoming national news.

And most of us did in fact live.

·
Older Budweiser
2,222 Posts
"Back in the day" our parents would sit us on their laps and let us steer the car with no seatbelts or airbags to protect us. They would also let US fill the gas can so we could learn how to do things on our own. Those were the days. We all made it through them but in todays world parents would be in jail.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts