Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a heads up that I ordered a 2160 crate of 5.45 ammo from Palmetto State Armory a couple weeks ago, and only recieved a single 1080 round spam can.

I have sent repeated emails and phone calls to them with no response.

When I finally got somebody on the phone, they claimed I was sent the full order and that there is nothing they can do for me.

I stated that the weight on the shipment was only 28 pounds, and he said that's what the weight should be

I am in the process of disputing the charge with Amex now, so I need to see how this goes down

I have had many great transactions with Palmetto, and I am very unhappy that they decided to take this position with me.

I wanted to give out this warning to anybody thinking of ordering ammo through them

You may get screwed

If anybody knows of a better way to deal with this, I'd love to get some input

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
wow this is strange to hear. ive dealt with PSA a bunch of times along with many friends and nothing but good things. Their shipping is insanely slow but for the prices they offer u cant beat it. good luck and hope they do the right thing. Good thing you have amex so they should just dispute the card without any issue

·
Triple Distilled Unfiltered Truth
3,299 Posts
Just wanted to give a heads up that I ordered a 2160 crate of 5.45 ammo from Palmetto State Armory a couple weeks ago
You mean… you just wanted to brag.

Give me 1/4 the spoils and I will fight your battle for you.

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
This isn't the first time i've heard bad things about PSA

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I had some issues with PSA last month. While reviewing my inventory, I noticed that 100 rounds of .308 I ordered during the summer were not accounted for. Everything else I ordered was accounted for. Since I keep packing slips-and could not find the one for this order, I contacted PSA. According to their records, it was shipped and delivered. (left on the doorstep)

I insisted I never received it, that possibly it was taken off my doorstep by someone when I was away.
Long story short, after about 2 weeks I received the order from them. I asked them to request signature confirmation from me when shipping to protect us both. I explained that in any case, I don't think it's a wise idea to leave ammo on the doorstep.

Ask them to request signature confirmation so you can verify the order before the UPS guy pulls away.

Dov

·
Registered
159 Posts
So it was just one can in the crate?
Or was it just one spam can in the box with no crate?
I'm wondering if someone may have stolen it while in shipping or was the crate one light from the factory.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it was just one can in the crate?
Or was it just one spam can in the box with no crate?
I'm wondering if someone may have stolen it while in shipping or was the crate one light from the factory.
One spam can in the box with no crate

It had a invoice for the whole crate, and a quality control sign off

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
Never had an issue with PSA. Been using them for years. I learned really fast to order and wait and wait and wait. Forget about tracking emails. I have also had orders come on two seperate deliveries. But I have never once been screwed over by them.

Maybe log onto your account and check the order status. From there check the tracking( they do have it there) maybe your order was split and shipped at different times. Wouldn't be the first or 20th time it has happened to me.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know they are slow, and I don't care that they take their time

But when I order 2080 rounds I expect something close to 2080 rounds

·
Registered
159 Posts
i agree ,that delivery confirmation should be procedure for these expensive orders.Especially with ammo being like gold these days.
I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I still can't believe that the lowers we receive from them are just thrown loose in a box. Every other manufacturer wraps and or boxes the lowers.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I just got my black friday upper today. Im very happy with thiem so far. I've bought 2 uppers and some ammo. Takes forever but worth it in the end.

·
Banned
3,395 Posts
I still can't believe that the lowers we receive from them are just thrown loose in a box. Every other manufacturer wraps and or boxes the lowers.
Ever wonder why psa is the company that seems to always have good deals on "blemished"lowers ?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ever wonder why psa is the company that seems to always have good deals on "blemished"lowers ?
I think they hire a bunch of teenagers that don't give a crap

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just got my 2 stripped lowers that were supposed to come with moe parts kits but they didnt. I called today it took me about 20 mins to finally speek to someone once i did i told them my problem and they they would shipp the parts today. Did he tell you why he cant do anything? Do you think it could have been the guy at the post office?

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
If anybody knows of a better way to deal with this, I'd love to get some input
Yeah, here are a couple of suggestions:

1) Call UPS and explain the situation to them and ask if this was a two part shipment with the other part not yet delivered or maybe delivered and left on your doorstep only to have walked away with someone.

2) Ask to speak to the customer service manager at PSA. Don't bother with the guy who answers the phone unless he is bending over backwards to help you. Have the order numbers for all of your previous orders from them at the ready and give them your customer ID explaining how many orders you have made before without ever making a shortage claim.

3) Ask the Customer Service manager if it was shipped as a two part order.

4) When speaking to someone at PSA, hopefully the customer service manager, explain the weight again too. My guess is that if you weigh the one spam can, it is going to weigh more than 14 pounds. As I recall you said PSA said the weight for both should only be 28 pounds. Just a guess but to me that does not sound right. I am guessing more like 28 pounds for one can. Of course, to be sure, weigh the one you received.

I too have dealt with PSA before, eight orders since April. They have been great by me. Customer service always seemed top notch. Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 - 20 of 38 Posts