Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes. Looking to possibly move to Pa. I currently work in Brooklyn and I'm testing the waters for areas that are commutable? Any suggestions as to where to look. Have at it

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I know people that live out on the boarder and come into Manhattan via mass transit. Having to cross a second river to Brooklyn is the part that will mess up your day.

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
You will need about 3 hours with no traffic going to work by car. Definitely not worth it. My cousin lives in Wayne County, Honesdale area and worked in NYC for about a year. He knew people who lived in the Poconos that did commute to NYC five days a week. If you have a good paying job get an apartment in the city and on the weekends stay at the house in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The area just past the watergap, well it aint what it used to be. As for the commute, it may be ok for a while. 2 days a week would be good though. Any more will wear you down. Think hard before diving in.

·
Registered
721 Posts
try looking for a two month rental someplace close to where you are considering, and give it a try. I know I could not do that commute.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
I know someone who's doing this now. They live in PA, about 30 minutes past the Water Gap. The husband works for the TSA and stays at his mother's house in Queens when he's on duty. The wife works for the NYC Buildings Department in the Bronx. Her commute starts at 6am and usually ends at 9am. On the way back she leaves at 6pm and is usually home by 9ish. Not a good life, even if they do have a nice house in PA.

For a while I commuted 75 miles one way to NJ, but it was only 3 days a week (12.5 hours days). If I left at 5am I was at work by 6:30. If I screwed up and left 15 minutes later it could be 7:15 or 7:30. The ride home was always a nightmare, especially on Fridays in the summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts