Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
The application takes a few minutes and you'll get the license almost immediately (at least mine was that fast).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
applied online through Wayne County Sheriffs office . I have a full cary retired permit. they said hr 218 would cover me but the license wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
38 Posts
applied online through Wayne County Sheriffs office . I have a full cary retired permit. they said hr 218 would cover me but the license wouldn't hurt
I'm in Wayne Co as well. Spent a lot of my earlier life there. My father is retired NYPD with HR218 too, but he did get the CCW there as well for reason as you said. Good stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
friend has a target hunting restriction on his ny permit. will PA issue a non resident or does he have to have full carry?

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Only Centre County was issuing to non residents without a full carry license. Last I heard was you needed to make an appointment now because of the Chinese Virus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Wayne Co as well. Spent a lot of my earlier life there. My father is retired NYPD with HR218 too, but he did get the CCW there as well for reason as you said. Good stuff.
I'm in the retirement process and have a place in Wayne county, but only premise for NY, thinking of taking trip to Centre for non res and converting to res when full time.

·
Sharp Shooter!
487 Posts
MRR, did you get yours in Centre County?
Nope I grew up in western PA in Butler County. They do non-resident licenses there. Actually when I was there to renew someone else was there from a state west of PA. Even my brother from CA has his non-resident PA license. Since we have family there we go there every so often so renewal is usually not a problem. You do have to do it person.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in the retirement process and have a place in Wayne county, but only premise for NY, thinking of taking trip to Centre for non res and converting to res when full time.
@crgordo. If you're a property owner in Wayne Co., I would go to the Wayne Co. Sheriff's website and print out the CCW Application, follow the instructions and mail it in or drop it off at the sheriff's office in Honesdale when you are there next time. You can include a nice cover letter that you are requesting a non-resident CCW and indicate that you are a property owner as well and thus visit often. Then when you receive the approval letter, go back to Honesdale for your picture and license.

Update: I just saw on the Wayne County Sheriff's website that as of October 1, 2020, they are now accepting online applications as some other sheriffs are doing. It's also worth noting that some counties in PA may not issue non-resident licenses even though the Commonwealth supports it.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts