Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in PA this weekend till tuesday. I stopped by the sheriffs station in Lebanon PA. Had pre-printed the application filled out. They copied my drivers license and my pistol license. Took my photo and said it should be in the mail in a few weeks. People at the station were very nice and helpful. Hoping this goes through smoothly.

Next up, I am looking for the class to get Utah and Florida hopefully in 1 shot.

Will update once I get something in mail.

· Banned
10,014 Posts
I was in PA this weekend till tuesday. I stopped by the sheriffs station in Lebanon PA. Had pre-printed the application filled out. They copied my drivers license and my pistol license. Took my photo and said it should be in the mail in a few weeks. People at the station were very nice and helpful. Hoping this goes through smoothly.

Next up, I am looking for the class to get Utah and Florida hopefully in 1 shot.

I hope that works for you. I was under the impression that only Sheriff Nau in Centre County was still giving PA permits to New Yorkers. Unless you have a CCW unrestricted permit?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called before I went. I asked if they did non-resident carry. He said bring in a copy of my drivers license and a copy of my ny pistol license. He didnt mention anything about restrictions or anything like that. The person who took care of me while in the station was not the person who I spoke to on the phone though. She looked over everything, ran my name through 2 databases and said that everything looked good and I should receive it in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that was a long drive :/

· Banned
10,014 Posts
I called before I went. I asked if they did non-resident carry. He said bring in a copy of my drivers license and a copy of my NY pistol license. He didn't mention anything about restrictions or anything like that. The person who took care of me while in the station was not the person who I spoke to on the phone though. She looked over everything, ran my name through 2 databases and said that everything looked good and I should receive it in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that was a long drive :/
I really hope that it works out for you and you are not denied which would be really bad for you. If they are giving permits to NYers with restrictions (which I assume you have being from LI) that would be great because I could stop on my way to Hershey Park later this year.

Please Keep us Posted.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats why I went to lebanon county, I was at hershey sun-tues. Has anyone gone there before? I saw one while I was researching that said they would not issue non resident permits I believe that was dauphine county or something like that. The popular one Centre county I think was an additional 2 hours away and I don't think i could convince the pregnant wife to go for a 2 hour drive in the opposite direction

· Registered
1,051 Posts
ok so who's up for renewal soon?? I remember I thread in reference to your renewal dates. Is that thread still going?? sept 10th mine is due looking to car pool.

· Registered
2,144 Posts

If you go back to Lebanon, there is a great LGS called Shyda's. I stop in there a couple of times a year to stock up.

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Never had anything but a good experience with Sheriff Nau and his people. Ideally, no PA necessary and national reciprocity would allow law abiding Americans to behave like law abiding Americans. Even if they happen to live in NY.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing in the mail yet still waiting. This tues will be 3 weeks, not sure how long its supposed to take. They said a few weeks so im hoping maybe this week it'll come.

· Registered
12,359 Posts
Nothing in the mail yet still waiting. This tues will be 3 weeks, not sure how long its supposed to take. They said a few weeks so im hoping maybe this week it'll come.
Give them a call, my friend was waiting over three weeks and both of his references mailed them back that first week.
His paperwork was sitting on a desk all completed.

· SUPER STAR
5,479 Posts
Ideally, no PA necessary and national reciprocity would allow law abiding Americans to behave like law abiding Americans. Even if they happen to live in NY.
National reciprocity won't remove Nassau/Suffolk restrictions. NYer's would still have the restrictions and have less rights in NY than someone visiting from out of town. And that's messed up!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.