Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is baffling that you can get a out of state permit so fast. I wish our retarded state would get there act together. I mailed out the permit on the 6th and I had it in my grubby hands on the 12th, now thats service. Kudos to Pa for ther fast service. Its amazing, i recieved my C&R ffl, my Utah permit, and my Pa permit in less time than it took NY to get off there ass and issue my pistol permit.
I would suggest that every one reading this topic go and get there Pa permit. It only costs 26 bucks for 5 years,and you get almost as many states as Fla, and Utah.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is baffling that you can get a out of state permit so fast. I wish our retarded state would get there act together. I mailed out the permit on the 6th and I had it in my grubby hands on the 12th, now thats service. Kudos to Pa for ther fast service. Its amazing, i recieved my C&R ffl, my Utah permit, and my Pa permit in less time than it took NY to get off there ass and issue my pistol permit.
I would suggest that every one reading this topic go and get there Pa permit. It only costs 26 bucks for 5 years,and you get almost as many states as Fla, and Utah.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Got mine a few months ago I could not believe how fast it took  I am about to try it out at the end of the month Going to PA for a few days  Just have to find a nice holster for my glock 26

·
Registered
119 Posts
Got mine a few months ago I could not believe how fast it took  I am about to try it out at the end of the month Going to PA for a few days  Just have to find a nice holster for my glock 26

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Which county sheriff did you use?

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Which county sheriff did you use?

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,893 Posts
Can you apply for a PA license without a NYS one?

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,893 Posts
Can you apply for a PA license without a NYS one?

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Thanks.  Going to get it as soon as SC Sheriff gives me my ticket.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Thanks.  Going to get it as soon as SC Sheriff gives me my ticket.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
jeepejeep said:
Looks to me like you have to already own a NYS carry permit to get the PA permit.
"Completed and Signed Application must be accompanied by the following:

A photo copy of a license to carry a firearm (concealed carry permit) from your home state if that state has a concealed carry law.
A photo copy of your Driver's License.
A self addressed stamped envelope.
$26.00 fee for five year license and out of state processing. (Check/money order made out to Centre County Sheriff.)"
Just to avoid the confusion, your NY license is already a carry license as far as Pa. is concerned. The restrictions are set by the licensing authority, not the state.

The Pa. license doesn't come with a photo, but you can attach one, reduce it on a copier, and then laminate it, or both. Laminations can be done in the larger Staples stores in a minute or 2 for a buck or 2.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
jeepejeep said:
Looks to me like you have to already own a NYS carry permit to get the PA permit.
"Completed and Signed Application must be accompanied by the following:

A photo copy of a license to carry a firearm (concealed carry permit) from your home state if that state has a concealed carry law.
A photo copy of your Driver's License.
A self addressed stamped envelope.
$26.00 fee for five year license and out of state processing. (Check/money order made out to Centre County Sheriff.)"
Just to avoid the confusion, your NY license is already a carry license as far as Pa. is concerned. The restrictions are set by the licensing authority, not the state.

The Pa. license doesn't come with a photo, but you can attach one, reduce it on a copier, and then laminate it, or both. Laminations can be done in the larger Staples stores in a minute or 2 for a buck or 2.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts