Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valley forge gun show this weekend 800+ tables of real gun stuff not the garage sale items like around here. Im going on sat the 13th its 2 1/2 hours away. Anyone else going? Let me know maybe we can meet up there. Also if anyone is looking for something let me know I will post when I return and you can go there sunday.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It is the best show I've been to.  A lot of fun.  

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I hear they have every thing you can think of. I talked with 2 dealers in the west coast and they are both going so I guess this is a big one. Also only one person so far asked me if I find a part for a gun if I can pick it up for them which I will do. If you need something that is rare let me know I will see what I can do.  PLease no mags ammo etc unless its rare.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
egg I will let you know how the show is this year im sure its great not many places you can thumb a machine gun etc. I would offer you both a ride but we must make another stop in nj which may take a while. I now have 3 members asking me to locate some items while there. Everyone has 6 hours to let me know what your looking for.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
I went.

Cool show. Lot of Class 3 on the tables for you to touch.

No real deals.

5k Wolf primers $122

Fugly Garands $299 Maybe 30 to choose from. Almost all Springfields. Many had wartime S/N's. Not exactly flying off the tables. Would bet that not 1 in 5 would pass a bore test.

PMags $13

Center Industries mags $7.50

Funnel cake $4

100 pieces of 1x 30-30 brass $7 (not 100% sure the price was right YMMV) Wanna pick me up 500 more? I have didn't buy it remorse.

Loads of powder at or below Midway prices. All types and sizes.

1k bulk .223 FMJ bullets $80

A bazillion uppers, lowers, completed lowers. Spike's stripped were $100. Also saw RRA pistol only lowers.

S&W MP15-22 $439

Marlin 1895 CB $595

PSL with scope $700

Moisin $100

Pakistani 7.62x51 500/$149 in an ammo can

Plenty of other ammo deals.

The above stuff was all new and in excellent quantities.

Tons and tons of AR's plus 3 big vendors doing work on them (putting together uppers and lowers) for a fee. You can buy exactly what you wanted (Spike's lower, RRA LPK, Magpul stock, etc) and just have someone assemble it in front of you.

Lots of AR configs labelled NJ legal.

The Class 3 was just amazing. How often does a NYer get to pick up a suppressed MP5? Or full auto everything.

Honestly, I looked that stuff, and ate funnel cakes and Philly cheese steaks for the most part.

Notable amount of gangsta types filling out pistol FFL's.

People complain about the crowds. They need to see a NY show. Parking was a pain. 15 minutes of circling.

Think they said 800 tables.

Loads of security outside the show. None in the show. Easy re-entry.

Lot of kids (8-10 yo) carrying rifles for daddy, holding them while daddy was taking a leak, etc.

$10 off NRA renewal.

There is a show in Harrisburg, PA next week, probably with the same vendors.

I can only imagine what a show in a really free state must be like.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to be slow posting back because of the weather but I was there early on sat am. I got a rifle which was improperly labeled which they had no idea about and was there 1000$ lose. Got alot of ammo cans for dirt cheap. Got 3 used preban ar-15 mags for 20$ used preban glock mag for 25$ and 1000 rounds of .223 brass cased for 235$ bought a few other items but I got great deals just have to haggle with them and shop around.   Warning anyone attending these types of shows out of state will never be able to attend a local long island show again.....

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
weasertt said:
1k bulk .223 FMJ bullets $80
NOW THATS A PRETTY GOOD DEAL
This was the dealer. Same price online. Postage vs gas, tolls and entrance fee. They charge tax too. Believe or not, their price on reloading gear is lower online than it was at the show. $2 more for a set of Lee Auto Prime shellholders for instance.

http://www14.inetba.com/tandtreloading/item201947.ctlg

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
The good shows are at the worst time of the year. With the shotgun match being canceled this would have been a great day to go... only problem was I don't even have the gas money to get there. :B

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
blondie, Jefa permitting you can always catch a ride on my burrito. ;)  No gas needed... well he's not been feeling well these days so we may catch some gas here and there, but nothing a good lead rated mask can't handle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.