Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like what happened in a few other states... but this rider fought back.

I'm not naming names... but I can count on one hand the members that are going to try and stir the pot with "But, he could have run away..." or "Excessive force..."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/2...n-who-pushed-him-off-bicycle/?test=latestnews

Pennsylvania man, 65, fatally shoots teen who pushed him off bicycle

Published January 26, 2012

READING, Pa. - A 65-year-old man shot one teenager dead and wounded another after they pushed him off his bicycle and tried to rob him in Pennsylvania, police said.

The man was cycling on a trail in Reading, Pa., shortly before 11:00 am local time Wednesday morning, when a group of teens pushed him off the bicycle and two of them assaulted him, investigators said.

The 65 year old then took out a handgun and shot them both, the Reading Eagle reported.

One of the teens -- a 16 year old from Reading -- was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:17 p.m. local time.

The second teenager was taken to the hospital but his condition was unknown, according to the newspaper.

Cops arrested a third boy at the scene and took him in for questioning. The 15 year old was later taken to a county youth center in nearby Bern Township where he was held on unspecified charges.

Police decided to release the 65 year old and charge the juvenile after consulting with District

Attorney John Adams, who attended the scene with forensic detectives, the Reading Eagle reported.

Authorities did not release his name or the names of the teenagers.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Quoted from Capt Mitchell
"I'm not naming names... but I can count on one hand the members that are going to try and stir the pot with "But, he could have run away..." or "Excessive force..."

"Police decided to release the 65 year old and charge the juvenile after consulting with District
Attorney John Adams, who attended the scene with forensic detectives, the Reading Eagle reported."

If the police released him after consulting wiht the DA, I really doubt that it was excessive force. There had to be enough there or the DA probably would never have allowed him to be released. I'm not sure of the justificiation laws in PA, but I would think they are similar in most states (exluding Florida which has "stand your ground")

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am sorry to hear that one maybe two of these youth have died but if you can't do the time don't do the crime, criminals are so used to the  liberal life they take for granted that ever one they prey on will be a victim, well not this time. You got to stomp on a old man on a bike? What is wrong with these kids?

·
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One down... ;)

One, or so, to go... ;D

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm glad for 2 things: He was in a state where he could defend himself, and he was ready and able to do so when the time was needed. It's sad for the family for the lost kid, but he shouldn't be putting others' lives at risk and he wouldn't have been shot.

·
Team Kalashnikov
1,482 Posts
+1, knockin an old man off his Bike you Deserve to get Shot.

·
Registered
723 Posts
glad it was not NY, the 65 yr old man would have been arrested.................." oh the teenagers were just fooling around............."

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Gpsma said:
Bravo..great work. Kill those potential felons. Nothing like a couple of dead teen gangsters.
You forgot the sarcasm smiley. :sarcasm

Without it people might think you actually agree with something posted. We don't want to confuse the newbies.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Pate said:
You forgot the sarcasm smiley. :sarcasm

Without it people might think you actually agree with something posted. We don't want to confuse the newbies.
I'm confused. I read that post as it was originally written and nodded my head here.

*scratches head*

·
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deathsythe said:
I'm confused. I read that post as it was originally written and nodded my head here.

*scratches head*
Dead criminals are bad! No matter WHAT criminal act they are involved in... Or so some members believe...

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,979 Posts
multiple assailants = deadly threat = justification for armed response.  

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Never mess with an old man, if he's to old to fight, he'll have know choice but to kill you! ;)

The article says that after they knocked him off the bike they began to assault him. Seems simple to me.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
grifhunter said:
multiple assailants = deadly threat = justification for armed response.
+1

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pate said:
No need to be confused. Read some of his posts about people on the wrong end of a shoot out and you'll understand.

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/v-search/p-user/by-862/
wow, this guy is a whackado! I don't understand why you would be a member of something that you are so blatantly against...but I guess everyone needs something to do?

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
The key word in the report above in my mind is TRAIL.

I had several guys try to jump me in the Bamboo forest in Maui a few years back. They were doing a circlearound, and I stopped to pretend to tie a boot so I could look for a hole and let the two guys who looked like the doers get ahead of me so I could punch back out through their friends behind. Fortunately I had my knife with me and nobody wanted to risk getting sliced up, and I am not some old guy on a bicycle that looks like a victim.

But the guy was isolatred, he had NO IDEA what they were gonna do to him. So I say if he shot them, as long as it was not in the back, I'm OK with it. If it were on the street with people around, i would rather hand over my wallet even than kill some punk teens. But in the woods, they are just as likely to kill you so they don't get caught IMO, and if you haver a gun that adds another whole issue to the mix- you can't let them get that gun. Handing over your wallet is OK, handing over a gun-especially on an isolated trail- to a bunch of robbers is crazy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts