Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vote 2A
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to sending in the Florida application I have the Pennsylvania license and plan on attending the next Utah class just wondering how many states total will Florida Penn and Utah give me. And since i started a new hobby collecting out of state licenses any suggestions on any other ones I should get.

·
Vote 2A
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I finally got around to sending in the Florida application I have the Pennsylvania license and plan on attending the next Utah class just wondering how many states total will Florida Penn and Utah give me. And since i started a new hobby collecting out of state licenses any suggestions on any other ones I should get.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
After NY, Pa, Fla, and Utah, I'd opt for Conn. You'll have to phone them and request the packet. 1.860.685.8494. And, you'll need a Basic Pistol certificate. I don't think that Connecticut accepts a hunter safety certificate. But, I could be wrong. Maybe someone here can chime in.

Other than that, is there any state that you routinely travel to ?? Maybe you can get that license ??

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
After NY, Pa, Fla, and Utah, I'd opt for Conn. You'll have to phone them and request the packet. 1.860.685.8494. And, you'll need a Basic Pistol certificate. I don't think that Connecticut accepts a hunter safety certificate. But, I could be wrong. Maybe someone here can chime in.

Other than that, is there any state that you routinely travel to ?? Maybe you can get that license ??

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
FredW56 said:
I just got my PA carry permit today...exactly one week to the day! Next is Utah, Florida, and CT...
Pennsylvania is going to stop mail in permits in 2011.Utah requires a safety course which Florida accepts now.Don't forget Maine and New Hampshire all done by mail.

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
FredW56 said:
I just got my PA carry permit today...exactly one week to the day! Next is Utah, Florida, and CT...
Pennsylvania is going to stop mail in permits in 2011.Utah requires a safety course which Florida accepts now.Don't forget Maine and New Hampshire all done by mail.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
What does PA get you that you don't get with Florida?

·
Registered
7,389 Posts

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
2edgesword said:
PA only costs $26 USD, Florida $117 USD You get to carry in more states with Florida.The PA lets you carry in VA,WV,NC,GA,among other states for much less money.

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
2edgesword said:
PA only costs $26 USD, Florida $117 USD You get to carry in more states with Florida.The PA lets you carry in VA,WV,NC,GA,among other states for much less money.

·
Banned
653 Posts
One of the reasons I applied for a PA license was to support Sheriff Nau.
$26 dollars for 5 years is the least I can do.
My nephew goes to Penn State and we travel in PA so it's a good idea to have a license for a state you travel in alot.
A got my Florida license, so I can have a license signed by Charles Bronson lol.
The people out in Utah who run the licenses are a great group of 2A supporters. $65.25 for 5 years and $10 renewal is hard to beat, for the number of states you get.
I like supporting states that issue full carry to law abiding citizens without restrictions.

A NYS license is required for PA but not for Florida or Utah.

·
Banned
653 Posts
One of the reasons I applied for a PA license was to support Sheriff Nau.
$26 dollars for 5 years is the least I can do.
My nephew goes to Penn State and we travel in PA so it's a good idea to have a license for a state you travel in alot.
A got my Florida license, so I can have a license signed by Charles Bronson lol.
The people out in Utah who run the licenses are a great group of 2A supporters. $65.25 for 5 years and $10 renewal is hard to beat, for the number of states you get.
I like supporting states that issue full carry to law abiding citizens without restrictions.

A NYS license is required for PA but not for Florida or Utah.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts