Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you Florida residents live here?? It's so freaking HOT!!! Oh my god, my nutts are stuck to my balls right after the shower.........

Sorry, I'm online at Disney World and I'm bored and pissy from all a wet and sweaty t-shirt....ugh!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have always heard if you want to move to Florida you should visit in the summer. My first trip to Florida was in 83 , I did boot camp there from end of May to end July ( lots of restriction on out door training ) then spent 3 more months there in school. Also spent a lot of time there in the summer from 96 to 2003 for work , the heat and humidity is nasty. Trick is to do outdoor stuff early in morning or early evening at dusk and stay in AC places the rest of the time. I am seriously thinking of retire to Florida in about 5 years , but I most likely snow bird it for a few years.

but from what I hear it will be the place in 2030

http://yalibnan.com/2015/07/11/scientists-warn-the-sun-will-go-to-sleep-in-2030/

The Earth could be headed for a 'mini ice age' researchers have warned.

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out

·
SUPER STAR
5,479 Posts
We are about to find out......we are moving down in 2 weeks.....I'll let you know

BTW, Jockey makes a boxer brief called "stay cool".....Its kind of expensive for underwear, but its worth every penny....I don't know how it works....but it works.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't forget here in ny we have damn near 6 months of bone chilling concreat cracking body aching, stay inside miserable miserable freezing cold weather. It beats up your body it beats up your house it beats up your car. I would rather sweat it out than be so cold it hurts, at least you could hop in a pool or hang at the beach. 2 years and I'll be in Florida can't wait!!!!!

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
At least you are not in NY . Enjoy the moment !

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I know!! It sucks having a wife as a NYC Teacher. Teachers hardly get any dates off! Going during a "Holiday" or break is even more expensive!! It sucks!!!!
Summer, spring break, winter recess, every holiday in the calendar....I dunno man that statement is not very accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 6 years. Took me about 4 to 5 years to get used to it.
Orlando, or anyplace inland is a lot harder in the summer. If you live within 5~10 miles of the water, there's a constant breeze that helps. Orlando just sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I know!! It sucks having a wife as a NYC Teacher. Teachers hardly get any dates off! Going during a "Holiday" or break is even more expensive!! It sucks!!!!
Did you just say that teachers hardly get any time off?
I think the heat is really starting to fry things other than your nuts.
My be time to call an ambulance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.