Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just wanted to say I got my m1 back form tony today.  He was extremely knowledgeable & courteous. I would recommend them.  

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I stopped there for the first time a couple of months ago. Very, very nice people. I would definatly go back and do business with them again

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Mike, I believe there closed on saturdays. They're only open mon-thur

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
kilroy2981 said:
Mike, I believe there closed on saturdays. They're only open mon-thur
Monday thru Thursday 9:00am-4:30pm Eastern Time. Extended hours by appointment only.

·
Banned
5,029 Posts
TONY is a good guy , he is into old cars and guns ----how bad could it be.

he has a small shop with lots of nice toys , so it is definitely worth the trip

·
Registered
53 Posts
They are on Rocky Point Rd just a little North of RT25 in middle island. The store is kinda tough to find- as you go north on Rocky Point Rd there will be a series of row stores on your right. Turn into that parkinglot, go through the fence and make a left- the store will be in the 2nd set of row stores on your right hand side.

There is a deli in the first set of row stores, that's about the best landmark one can offer..............

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
JPS439 said:
They are on Rocky Point Rd just a little North of RT25 in middle island. The store is kinda tough to find- as you go north on Rocky Point Rd there will be a series of row stores on your right. Turn into that parkinglot, go through the fence and make a left- the store will be in the 2nd set of row stores on your right hand side.

There is a deli in the first set of row stores, that's about the best landmark one can offer..............
Look for the Three Stooges playing gold on the front door. The place is very non-descript by design.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Tony is a class act.  Knows his stuff.  Bring your M1 and he'll tune it up and hand it back to you before you leave.  He has BEAUTIFUL, EXCELLENT examples of all US service rifles.  All for sale.  

·
Registered
889 Posts
Glad to hear they did well by you.
I found out about Tony and his shop about 1.5 years ago now and been a constant customer since.
Great shop, very dangerous to just go and browse the racks... since stuff comes and goes quick, you just don't want to "miss" something. Brings a whole new meaning to "you snooze you loose"....

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Does anyone know if he still has any of the Greek XP Ammo left? Stuff is perfect for the Garand, already in bandoleers and cardboards .

·
Registered
889 Posts
You mean greek HXP ?
I was in there a couple of weeks ago, and he had SOME..... he was not selling it by the can, not enough in stock for that, but you probably could pick up a bandoleer of it ...

yes besides LC (now just plain old hard to find) , the HXP is some great stuff.
It's basic m2 ball ammo, loaded for the garand...

If he runs out, and you need something else, but more $$, Federal had American Eagle, AE3006M1, just loaded for the garand, wont damage the oprod. (the suffix being the key part "M1" , from other AE3006 offerings / model numbers)
Bensons had some in stock a month or so ago... but 28bux / 20rnds!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
ramit said:
You mean greek HXP ?
I was in there a couple of weeks ago, and he had SOME..... he was not selling it by the can, not enough in stock for that, but you probably could pick up a bandoleer of it ...

yes besides LC (now just plain old hard to find) , the HXP is some great stuff.
It's basic m2 ball ammo, loaded for the garand...

If he runs out, and you need something else, but more $$, Federal had American Eagle, AE3006M1, just loaded for the garand, wont damage the oprod. (the suffix being the key part "M1" , from other AE3006 offerings / model numbers)
Bensons had some in stock a month or so ago... but 28bux / 20rnds!
Yeah, I should have stocked up when he was selling it by the can. There was so much I figured it to last at least a little while. People must have been buying it with forklifts and pallet jacks!

·
Registered
889 Posts
yea, with the obama effect, that's just what happened 08 Sept - Dec. In Jan 09 or so, CMP put in limits cause people were buying the hxp by the VAN loads that fall and hoarding, can find it on GB for about $130 for a 192 count can (enblocs) now. CMP just got in a new shipment from the greeks, the last of it, 10 can limit still in effect...
Get some from the CMP while you can, in the mean time, get a bando or 2 from Tony while you can.
He was ALL out for most of last year.... none - zip, only sold some / a little , if you bought a garand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.