Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"A gunman singled out Christians, telling them they would see God in 'one second,' during a
rampage at an Oregon college Thursday that left at least nine innocent people dead and several
more wounded, survivors and authorities said.

'[He started] asking people one by one what their religion was. 'Are you a Christian?' he would
ask them, and if you're a Christian stand up. And they would stand up and he said, 'Good, because
you're a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.' And then he shot and
killed them,' Stacy Boylen, whose daughter was wounded at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg,
Ore., told CNN."

Read more: http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
So this nut was an atheist then?

Attachments

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,747 Posts
So this nut was an atheist then?
just as a side note - I was wondering if you knew that Ayn Rand was an atheist & her greatest heroic figure, John Galt, was implicitly an atheist? Not looking to push you away from her works, but just figured I'd point out the contradiction since you reference John Galt in your signature.

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Yes. Sounds like he was one of those angry atheists. The loud mouthed minority that act as Muslim fanatics.
But he was obviously a nut job POS
"It's not enough that I practice what I believe ( or don't) anyone that believes differently is wrong and must be punished!"
It's what liberals and Islamic terrorists have so strongly in common, as well as asswipes like this guy.

Three points taken from the Post i found even more interesting:
  • Online profiles linked to Harper-Mercer showed that he had a fascination with the terror tactics of the Irish Republican Army, and bought Nazi memorabilia. He also wrote a blog post that mentioned Vester Lee Flanagan, who murdered a Virginia newswoman and cameraman live on air, according to CBS News. "Seems like the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight," he wrote.
  • There you have it. Everyone of these POS that have spoken or written before killing people in gun free zones want the attention the media so joyfully provides because it's profitable of course. But 1A is sacrosanct because they make money off of it. 2A is the problem and is old , outdated and flawed.
    Oh, and the words don't mean what they mean. Unlike everything else in the Constitution.

• A former president of the college said that it has only one unarmed security officer and that the community decided against armed guards last year. "I suspect this is going to start a discussion across the country about how community colleges prepare themselves for events like this," Joe Olson told CBS.

Really? Ya think? But you'll never debate that gun free zone thing will you?
  • President Obama issued a plea for greater gun control and bemoaned that America is "the only advanced country on earth [that] sees these kind of mass shooting every few months."
Have you noticed Mr President under your watch they've increased since your political ilk push the whole, "I'm a victim and I'm entitled" mindset?
But yeah, it's guns, not nuts that are the problem.
Get rid of all the guns protecting you and then talk to us about ours.

·
4,747 Posts
If a madman ran into a building with a gun & asked me my religion & I was honest & said that I was an atheist, I would never have thought that would actually save my life.

·
Banned
7,584 Posts
Yes. Sounds like he was one of those angry atheists. The loud mouthed minority that act as Muslim fanatics.
But he was obviously a nut job POS
"It's not enough that I practice what I believe ( or don't) anyone that believes differently is wrong and must be punished!"
It's what liberals and Islamic terrorists have so strongly in common, as well as asswipes like this guy.

Three points taken from the Post i found even more interesting:
  • Online profiles linked to Harper-Mercer showed that he had a fascination with the terror tactics of the Irish Republican Army, and bought Nazi memorabilia. He also wrote a blog post that mentioned Vester Lee Flanagan, who murdered a Virginia newswoman and cameraman live on air, according to CBS News. "Seems like the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight," he wrote.
  • There you have it. Everyone of these POS that have spoken or written before killing people in gun free zones want the attention the media so joyfully provides because it's profitable of course. But 1A is sacrosanct because they make money off of it. 2A is the problem and is old , outdated and flawed.
    Oh, and the words don't mean what they mean. Unlike everything else in the Constitution.

• A former president of the college said that it has only one unarmed security officer and that the community decided against armed guards last year. "I suspect this is going to start a discussion across the country about how community colleges prepare themselves for events like this," Joe Olson told CBS.

Really? Ya think? But you'll never debate that gun free zone thing will you?
  • President Obama issued a plea for greater gun control and bemoaned that America is "the only advanced country on earth [that] sees these kind of mass shooting every few months."
Have you noticed Mr President under your watch they've increased since your political ilk push the whole, "I'm a victim and I'm entitled" mindset?
But yeah, it's guns, not nuts that are the problem.
Get rid of all the guns protecting you and then talk to us about ours.
You sir, I will have to buy you a drink. You usually post most of what I'm thinking.

·
4,747 Posts
And we saw right away mobs of Christians on the streets rampaging, burning and looting in protest........
Of course, that's the distinction & many atheists including myself don't look at all religions similarly. While I'm not a Christian, I respect the many contributions that Christians have made to our society.

Reactions: xcentrk and LiDad

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I agree thought I was trying to point out the hypocrisy of how christians (and really anyone of Western faith) is portrayed these days vs the reality.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Just another example of how persecution of Christians is on the increase in this country.

We American Christians have had it easy all these years.

Well, I'd ask my brothers and sisters, as well as myself, if someone pointed a gun to your head, would you admit to being a Christ follower as those who got killed did?

Praying for the family, the community, the school and this country.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,117 Posts
If a madman ran into a building with a gun & asked me my religion & I was honest & said that I was an atheist, I would never have thought that would actually save my life.
Evil(and for that matter moral relevancy) comes in all shapes and sizes.

Without an anchor, people drift into the world they imagine to be true.

·
4,747 Posts
Well, I'd ask my brothers and sisters, as well as myself, if someone pointed a gun to your head, would you admit to being a Christ follower as those who got killed did?
I think we went through this already. If you could save yourself & not put others in harm's way, I really don't think God would hold it against you. Even with the promise of an afterlife, you'd be sparing your loved ones a lot of grief.

Reactions: LiDad
1 - 20 of 184 Posts