Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had the itch to replace an old Nikon Buckmaster 3-9 on my A-Bolt with something newer, brighter and with finger adjustable elevation and windage. I was all set to get a Nikon Monarch 3 but I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. Just got off the phone with Cabelas after ordering a Leupold VX-3 with the CDS, which is a custom made elevation knob tailored for specific info from the shooter to keep crosshairs on target out to 600+ yards. That sounds exactly like something I was looking for and Cabelas had a great price on the scope compared to everyone else. Can't wait to get it on and get to shootin.
https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/vx-3-riflescopes/vx-3-3-5-10x40mm-cds/

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Very nice. I bet that will even give you tomorrow's weather

Reactions: C6NY

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Excellent choice. I'm a big Leatherman fan too.
Thanks.
Never owned one. Thought about it but never got around to picking one up. Apparently it's the CX version which has a 154CM steel knife as opposed to a 420 one on other models. I believe it has other stuff also devoted to the Leupold scopes like specific torx bits and whatnot. A nice little added trinket for me to play with.

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
Thanks.
Never owned one. Thought about it but never got around to picking one up. Apparently it's the CX version which has a 154CM steel knife as opposed to a 420 one on other models. I believe it has other stuff also devoted to the Leupold scopes like specific torx bits and whatnot. A nice little added trinket for me to play with.
I don't have a Skeletool but I own a 300, a Crunch (keep those in the car) and I have the granddaddy of them all - a Surge with all the available accessories. I'd still like to get a Charge, just cuz.

I've had a Micra on my key chain almost since they came out with them - almost 20 years, I think. Hardly a day goes by where I don't use it and I've never sharpened it. I use the scissors on it to cut coupons for my wife when we're shopping sometimes and women come up to me asking about it. If I was single, it would be a good ice-breaker.

The scope is really nice too.
External adjustments are nice t' have, even on a non-tactical scope.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a Skeletool but I own a 300, a Crunch (keep those in the car) and I have the granddaddy of them all - a Surge with all the available accessories. I'd still like to get a Charge, just cuz.

I've had a Micra on my key chain almost since they came out with them - almost 20 years, I think. Hardly a day goes by where I don't use it and I've never sharpened it. I use the scissors on it to cut coupons for my wife when we're shopping sometimes and women come up to me asking about it. If I was single, it would be a good ice-breaker.

The scope is really nice too.
External adjustments are nice t' have, even on a non-tactical scope.
Great, now I'm gonna get into another hobby of collecting stuff!

For the record, I paid hundreds less than what the link in the first post states as the MSRP.
I just just trying to figure out what factory load I want to go with for my elevation dial for Leupold to make up for me. I was thinking of 160 grain, maybe the Remington Corelokt. Should cover most critters I'll come across and won't cost a bunch to shoot at the range. Decisions, decisions. I have a couple weeks to come up with one.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was delivered today a week ahead of schedule from when they said it would be here, a nice surprise. Just finished mounting it and snapped a couple pics. Checking it out in the backyard Im impressed. Light yet solidly built and very nice clarity. I have a busy weekend(Yankee game Sat, Montaulk Sun, Mon)) and cant make it to the range and I'm not happy about it. Hopefully I'll get out next weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.