Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been trying to have them remove us (LIF) from their spam service however to date nothing has been done.

If you are an optonline member, you will not receive email from our system (say someone PMs you etc) and new members aren't receiving their validation email.

If you are a subscriber to optonline please let them know, We have been sending emails ourselves but with no luck for over a week.

Below is a sample of the reply when an email is sent to optonline users:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=7940:
host mx1.optonline.net [167.206.4.77]: 550 5.7.1 Your mail from 74.208.90.23 was rejected. We can't currently accept your message.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I just called them and they guided me through disabling their "spamscrub" internal software; please send me a pm so I can verify it worked.

I had to log into optonline.net, then hover over the large internet icon on the top right of the screen. Click on Internet Protection, scroll down to SpamScrub and click on learn more. Turn off Spam Scrub and verify. Hopefully it worked.

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know at what level the block is, given their two services they use for spam do NOT have us on the list.

https://www.optimum.net/pages/mailblocking.html

Third Party Block lists used by Optimum Online:

Composite Block List - http://cbl.abuseat.org/
Spamhaus - http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/

We are not on this list. So I dont now how to resolve it. I think if everyone call them and provides the domain (longislandfirearms.com and the IP 74.208.90.23 they will set the message loud and clear.

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still blocked.

Please if you are a customer of them, please call and tell them to remove our IP. You will be helping the community and yourself

his message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=7332:
host mx2.optonline.net [167.206.4.79]: 550 5.7.1 Your mail from 74.208.90.23 was rejected. We can't currently accept your message.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
So ..I didn't call yesterday like I said .... but ...when I do call and tell them to unblock LIF .. do I give them the IP address, webite name or what? I ain't that computer savvy so I don't want them giving me the run-a-round or trying to sell me some super filter program

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So ..I didn't call yesterday like I said .... but ...when I do call and tell them to unblock LIF .. do I give them the IP address, webite name or what? I ain't that computer savvy so I don't want them giving me the run-a-round or trying to sell me some super filter program
Tell them you are a member of a website that your not receiving their email. You since contacted the website admin (me) and we (www.LongIslandFIrearms.com) is on a blocked list. They need to unblock it. Tell them you 'subscribe' to LIF emails. THis way they have to unblock it.

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ticket # was opened by LIF.

Operator: Mary Ann
Ticket # Your ticket number is DSTX00087296997.

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are still being blocked as of today.

·
The Sysop
35,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=8459:
host mx1.optonline.net [167.206.4.77]: 550 5.7.1 Your mail from 74.208.90.23 was rejected. We can't currently accept your message.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
I called them when this came up a few weeks back ... Just got an email verification on a PM ... I'm back in business.not really sure my call did or not ...in any event ... Thanks Mr. Architect

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Yes I have notice I didn't get any emails or PM thru email. It's been been like this for a while

I sent in LIF member 2016 and didn't hear from em
probably block it too ?

Thank for heading up

I did called and its same-nothing.

·
Fan of guns, but not one of the anti science pro f
2,325 Posts
Looks like a relaying issue. Did any SMTP server IPs change recently? Try adding an SPF record. Some providers will bounce you if the sending IP isn't in the SPF. Aren't you some kind of IT guy?

Also, your SSL cert expires the end of this month.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.