Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen an opening weekend so cold, with snow on the ground, during the rut. But no deer in the woods !!! I walked out frozen solid. Hands & feet numb. I really thought I would see action in the woods.

So, I walk out, unload, get in my car, drive 1/2 mile out of the parking lot, and 5 doe's are on a front lawn eating some guys bushes !! Not that I had a loaded rifle, but I wanted to blast them all, but the private property thing and the swing set on the front yard keep me thinking as an ethical hunter. So I sat there for 10 minutes and watched them while I ate my sandwich. The 2 mama doe's watched me intensely, while the 3 little fawns keep on munching on the guys front lawn.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Cool and snow where have you been hunting and for how long.

One year it was so cold I fled my treestand to a pop up blind and my breath made it snow in the blind. For a couple of years I need snow shoes to get to my stand then there was the one year I was in jeans and a t-shirt sweating my nut off.

It was cold this year but no worst then any other year.
I saw two doe but had no shot and a buck was grunting up a storm by my stand but could never spot him.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Opening day, snow before Thanksgiving, very cold weather, not too common. Last year was 60 degree's opening day. The last week of the season is usually cold & snowy where I hunt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts