Long Island Shooters Forum banner

opening a gun shop or mail order gun business on L

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  highdice 
#1 ·
What kind of hurdles would have to be over come to do this?

#6 ·
wreckhog said:
I have never heard of a mail order gun business on LI which means that it is probably impossible.
What about Pat Burns? Yeah, milsurp Mosins...but still...

http://www.gunsnammo.com/

#8 ·
Maybe some of the shop owners on here can provide a history of their business?  When they opened, the 2A atmosphere at the time, what it was like, what they went through, etc.  I would be very interested just for the historical value. new thread for each store would be even better!

#9 ·
#13 ·
Yeah, you need the actual building to even apply for the FFL... and the FFL takes 6-12months and there is no guarantee you'll even get it.

More or less, you not only are taking the inherent risk of opening a small business, but you also have a risk of never actually being able to sell guns, and you'll be paying rent/taxes on the property while you find out.

Just another reason to hate this liberal sinkhole.

#15 ·
I had looked into it a couple years ago, You will need commercial space where you can maintain a firearms safe.  The Feds were a pleasure to talk to. Very helpful and polite. The Brookhaven town folks were not, Was told by a town official that , The Feds will give you a llic. but, We have the say if you can have it or not, The answer is NOT.unless you comply with all of our requirements and then maybe if we decide to let you have it. BUNCH OF A-HOLES

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.