Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
Several months ago I had asked if anyone had any experience with this product and at that time no one had. I bit the bullet and ordered one ($155.00) with the wifi adaptor and an expansion board (2 eight zone in one $55.00) my 21 zones are fully covered with 3 spares (total of 48 zones available). As I had a 24 volt transformer laying around, I used it and saved the $15.00.

Let me tell you it's the best investment a (lazy) homeowner could do.
After reading the simple instructions, it was up and running in 15 minutes and has every feature you could think of and some you never thought of. It is an open sourced based software design and there are plenty of videos available to walk you through all facets of install and operation.
Now when I leave the house I don't have to worry about if it's going to rain (web enabled weather control) or if I forgot to turn the system on or off. The controller can also be used to open and close your garage doors or other switchable things around the house.
All in all a great product (way underpriced) and complete 100% satisfaction.
http://rayshobby.net/opensprinkler/

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
21 zones? Wow.
I need to get a sprinkler guy in to install a system.Amyone have any recommendations for Suffolk?
Town of Islip.
Do they charge by the foot? How to you estimate the cost of a system?
How much property do you have? Not difficult to do yourself. I've done mine 3 times I think...was a mess when I bought the house so I fixed it......then cesspool destroyed it, then patio destroyed it....I have a guy that pulls the pipe without destroying lawn, mark out your zones with flags, but a manifold with the number of zones needed plus one, timer, and you're pretty much gtg. Lil minor plumbing, low voltage electric, voila.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
How much property do you have? Not difficult to do yourself. I've done mine 3 times I think...was a mess when I bought the house so I fixed it......then cesspool destroyed it, then patio destroyed it....I have a guy that pulls the pipe without destroying lawn, mark out your zones with flags, but a manifold with the number of zones needed plus one, timer, and you're pretty much gtg. Lil minor plumbing, low voltage electric, voila.
I did my own at my first house 20 years ago. Dug the grass up laid the pipe and built the manifold.
I have a big piece of property.
I know there are machines now that can pull the pipes easily but I was guessing paying someone to run the pipes that has a machine shouldn't be all that more than hiring a guy to do it when you consider the cost of the rental and how long it would take me versus them.
So you do the Finnish work yourself and pay a guy to do the pipe?
Want to give me his contact info?

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
PI Services Inc 631-243-6016 ask for Frank. Does a great clean job, very little of lawn was disturbed during install two manifolds on two sides for better control and water flow. When they left looked like no one was ever there. Excellent coverage both in flower beds, and lawn areas.

Not worth the effort to do yourself when they have a full crew with the proper equipment to get it done in a day. They marked everything out with flags explained coverage area with which zones.

Does many commercial properties and residential installs in Suffolk.

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
21 zones? Wow.
I need to get a sprinkler guy in to install a system.Amyone have any recommendations for Suffolk?
Town of Islip.
Do they charge by the foot? How to you estimate the cost of a system?
I have been using B&B Sprinkler for the past 5 years and am very happy with their service and pricing.
Call me and i'll give you more info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.