Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That guy was probably a poacher himself at one time.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
That guy was probably a poacher himself at one time.
So his story doesn't fit your agenda/argument which is based off nonsense and emotion, and when confronted with facts the only thing you can do is demonize him.. Like a black conservative or female republican.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
We Zimbabweans are left shaking our heads, wondering why Americans care more about African animals than about African people.
We capture African animals and put them in zoos for our kids to gawk at in America. We tried that with African people and you got all pissed off. You can't have it both ways.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
We capture African animals and put them in zoos for our kids to gawk at in America. We tried that with African people and you got all pissed off. You can't have it both ways.
African people sold African people into slavery.
Do you really think a bunch of white men went inland with giant butterfly nets?

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
African people sold African people into slavery.
Do you really think a bunch of white men went inland with giant butterfly nets?
Actually, I was thinking rifles instead of butterfly nets, but my point was that Americans care about Americans, and America. Unless you have oil, and diamond fields, well, our SUVs don't run on that form of carbon. The Hutus and Tutsis can murder, rape, and brigand all day long and Americans don't give a flying hoot. At least, about 99 percent of Americans. That's just the way it is. And if it hadn't been for the Japanese, the "Greatest Generation" would have likely voted to see their ancestral home(s) become the United Kingdom of the Third Reich. This is how we are. But then we take our kids to see lions in the zoo, we think that's what lions are about and we want our kids to be able to do that too. Same thing with tigers in India, if you live where you could be eaten by a tiger sure it's a different dynamic. But to Americans, a tiger is a more valuable asset than some dude in India that is lunch for that tiger.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Actually, I was thinking rifles instead of butterfly nets, but my point was that Americans care about Americans, and America. Unless you have oil, and diamond fields, well, our SUVs don't run on that form of carbon. The Hutus and Tutsis can murder, rape, and brigand all day long and Americans don't give a flying hoot. At least, about 99 percent of Americans. That's just the way it is. And if it hadn't been for the Japanese, the "Greatest Generation" would have likely voted to see their ancestral home(s) become the United Kingdom of the Third Reich. This is how we are. But then we take our kids to see lions in the zoo, we think that's what lions are about and we want our kids to be able to do that too. Same thing with tigers in India, if you live where you could be eaten by a tiger sure it's a different dynamic. But to Americans, a tiger is a more valuable asset than some dude in India that is lunch for that tiger.
I actually agree with most of what you say here.
Although, FDR and Churchill would have figured out a different way to get us into WW II.
Just like Wilson did with WW I. An extremely unpopular war. Probably less popular that Vietnam but as usual, the history books were written to ignore certain truths.
But the fact is Africans sold Africans into slavery.
Europeans would have been slaughtered if they tried to do it themselves and why wage war when you can easily and cheaply buy what you want? slaves.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be more precise, African moslems were the slave traders.
Don't really know how this went from a lion to the slave trade, but..... it actually was "African slave traders" by geography, but the ethnic group running the coastal centers were Arabs.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Don't really know how this went from a lion to the slave trade, but..... it actually was "African slave traders" by geography, but the ethnic group running the coastal centers were Arabs.
It's impossible to assign an ethnicity based on religion. Add into that the current PC relabeling and you've got one royal liberal mess. It's not far-fetched to think some moslems in Africa were what anthropologists used label regarding ethnicity "*******". They certainly are in evidence now, the Boko Harem for example. moslems have been slavers from day one and are still at it today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am fairly new to this forum, but there seems to be quite a bit of underlying anti-hunting sentiment for a fiorearms forum.It seems yo me that most of the people that are so against the trophy hunting have never been on an African hunting safari and have no idea what the people living with lions face. Would we tolerate lions in our backyards? Here is a link to an article that I found interesting and a little ofbeat on the subject of Cecil the lion. (Lions have names outside of zoos?) https://www.discount...nd-hunting.html

·
Registered
590 Posts
African trophy hunting is highly controlled, so it is an economic boon to all involved. Two of my work aquaintenses have been on many of these, and have the trophies. Edible meat was always distributed, and lots of money got put into play. I think the main objection with Cecil is was he human acclimated, which would seem to disqualify the trophy aspect of the hunt.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
I am fairly new to this forum, but there seems to be quite a bit of underlying anti-hunting sentiment for a fiorearms forum.It seems yo me that most of the people that are so against the trophy hunting have never been on an African hunting safari and have no idea what the people living with lions face. Would we tolerate lions in our backyards? Here is a link to an article that I found interesting and a little ofbeat on the subject of Cecil the lion. (Lions have names outside of zoos?) https://www.discount...nd-hunting.html
There are some here who aren't fans of trophy hunting. They are entitled to their opinion… no matter how wrong they are.

Welcome to the LIF Forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.