Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're gonna love it. Follow link for video.
http://www.wishtv.com/dpps/news/strange/store-owner-stops-robbers-with-bear-spray-ob12-jgr_4200281

Store owner stops robbers with bear spray

GATINEAU, Quebec (CNN/CTV) - Two would-be robbers in Quebec were hoping to get away with some money. Instead, they got a whole lot more than they bargained for.

When men with masks showed up at Zhen Yang's convenience store Tuesday night demanding cash, he refused to hand it over. Instead, he fought back with bear spray.

"I just want to protect myself, and my customer and my wife. They had knife. It was scary to me. That's the only thing I saw. I can defend myself," said Yang.

One of the thieves lost his pants right before Yang's wife started kicking him.

Police say one of the thieves got away. The other, a 31-year-old man, was arrested and charged with armed robbery.

Police say they don't often see owners fight back.

"It's not something we recommend, but I must say, the Criminal Code does allow people to defend themselves and make citizen's arrests. This is what was happening," said Sgt. Jean-Paul Lemay with Gatineau Police.

Yang says he doesn't want this to happen to him again, and chances are after people hear about the bear spray, it won't.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Best part was the head kicks from the woman.....awesome !!

·
Sharp Shooter!
482 Posts
Awesome is right!

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
DefMan said:
Wow, a LEO up there saying people can defend themselves. Is that a rarity?
But they don't recommend it... asshat :mad:

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Great ending to something that could have been tragic.

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SigSauer228 said:
Best part was the head kicks from the woman.....awesome !!
Absolutely. Not that I would covet another man's wife but I think I fell in love for a moment there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts