Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess she got herself a new shawl and slippers for the winter. Anyone you know MadRussian?

Russian woman attacked by wolf axes it to death

Published November 13, 2012
Associated Press

• Nov. 13, 2012: In this video grab provided by the APTN Aishat Maksudova speaks at a hospital, at Kizlyar, Russia Caucasus provivce. (AP)

MAKHACHKALA, Russia - Beware of 56-year-old Russian women with axes.
A lone wolf attacked Aishat Maksudova outside her sister's home in Russia's province of Dagestan in the North Caucasus Mountains.
The animal bit the farmer on her arm and her leg and she fell to the ground, crying out for help from other villagers. No one was in earshot. So she reached for an ax she had brought along to repair a fence, and with remarkable aplomb, she hit the wolf over the head several times until his teeth unclenched.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/13/russian-woman-attacked-by-wolf-axes-it-to-death/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz2CrmrEwGw

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Better do a DNA test first, she's got man-hands and looks like my Grandpa.

but She's got my respect on the wolf attack, that is pretty hardcore. Not to mention she was out fixing a fence in Russia in late November. There is something to be said for that alone. Way to go!

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
So now you know what it was like dealing with my Babushkas! Two tough old broads who survived WWII, and Communism by their wits and a set of cojones.
You couldn't fool them no matter what.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
My daughter was in the Peace Corps in Kazakahstan, a former Russian "province." Her host mother was a Russian woman. Tough isn't the word for them. I won't go into the whole story but living in a little farming village about 90 miles from the Chinese border makes these people tough a nails. We visited for three weeks and it's a whole 'nother way to live. A bit like living with Sandy's aftermath your whole life. No running water, no indoor plumbing, nearest trained medical help 60 miles away, nearest fire engine sixty miles away, the two stores in town made 7-11's look like Macy's, if you didnn't grow your own food you didn't eat, summer temps averaged in the 90's, winters were like Idaho or Wisconsin, one or two room houses, coal heat, propane cooking, and the people were happy. Really. Her personal story was even tougher...but she was a wonderful person. Warm. Loving. Smart. We brought her here for a visit a few years ago. She loved it.

I'd post a picture or two if I could figure out how.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Russian use of toilet paper:

When we visited Kaz, we of course had to use the outhouse (being no other option). No only wasn't there a "seat" ala most American outhouses (it was a "squat" toilet....just some boards around a hole in the ground (is this too much detail?), you did NOT drop the toilet paper down the hole. It was saved in big can to be used to help start the fire in the banya. (The banya is the steam room or sauna. There was no shower or bath tub, you fired up the banya once or twice a week, did a good sweat, wash, and then rinse.)

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Russian use of toilet paper:

When we visited Kaz, we of course had to use the outhouse (being no other option). No only wasn't there a "seat" ala most American outhouses (it was a "squat" toilet....just some boards around a hole in the ground (is this too much detail?), you did NOT drop the toilet paper down the hole. It was saved in big can to be used to help start the fire in the banya. (The banya is the steam room or sauna. There was no shower or bath tub, you fired up the banya once or twice a week, did a good sweat, wash, and then rinse.)
WE should burn ours on LI - instead we recycle it into Newsday.

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts