Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start with Stock and Barrel. They were on 5th Avenue in Bayshore. Remember going there as a teenager to order a part for my Ruger 10/22. Anyone remember this place and when they went out of business?

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Village Sport Center, Seaford. Went out in the '80's

Voehringer's, Merrick Rd and Bayview Ave, Wantagh. Formerly of Myrtle Ave in Brooklyn. Founded 1880, closed in the '70's
A sporting goods store where you could buy a worm, the tackle, the rod, the boat and motor and the shell, the shotgun, the clothing, the license, the duck boat, etc.

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Norman Richman, gunsmith, Sunrise Highway in Bellmore, between Argyle St and Centre Av

·
Registered
260 Posts
Edelman's
Rt 110 in Farmingdale

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
How about Burns Bros who moved to Vets Hwy just south of the LIE.

You also had Executive Gun Shop in Smithtown who moved to the Medford store on 112 which is now Bensons.

Tee-Dee was right around the corner also.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
bigtoyz said:
I will start with Stock and Barrel. They were on 5th Avenue in Bayshore. Remember going there as a teenager to order a part for my Ruger 10/22. Anyone remember this place and when they went out of business?
I remember them. right off the Southern State.
I'm sorry to see any of them close.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Anyone remember "Island Guns" on Rte 110? North of the Northern State, South of Walt Whitman? My wife and I took our Hunters Safety course's there back in the early 80's.

Or ... "On Target" on Jericho Tpke in New Hyde Park? I brought my first Bolt action rifle, a Ruger 77 in .30-06 from Neil.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Does anyone remember a gun store around Mid Island Plaza, Hicksville in the late fifties early sixties. It had an indoor 50' range in the basement.
A guy named Burt owned the place.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I remember Colonial firearms in East Meadow.On East Meadow ave
Also The Gun Shop in Farmingdale, on Conklin, just west of 110.
How about Magnum Arms in Levittown, just east of the Wantagh Pky.

I'm sure I missed a few more I frequented.
TJ

·
RIP
272 Posts
Can't remember the name but there was one on 107 between Old country rd and the LIRR, Larkfield sports with Morty in E Npt, Nimrods with Pete Brock in Mineola, The Outdoorsman possibly in a couple of places, one by Wantagh pkwy on Sunrise and one by SS Mall. Not sure about the names.

BB

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
jtartam said:
What about Gemini Arms in Syosset, I bought my first gun there.
I remember a Gemini Arms in Hicksville. The guy re-blued a Remington 700 for me and did a real crappy job on it. He blued the polished bolt as well. When I complained, he polished and jeweled the bolt and then tried to charge me extra.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
TJ Ironhorse said:
I remember Colonial firearms in East Meadow.On East Meadow ave
Also The Gun Shop in Farmingdale, on Conklin, just west of 110.
How about Magnum Arms in Levittown, just east of the Wantagh Pky.

I'm sure I missed a few more I frequented.
TJ
Bought my first S&W at Colonial.......

G

·
Nimrod was Peter Brook, not Brock
Colonial started on Gardiners Ave, where the range is. THEN he moved to East Meadow.
On Target has had two stores, the first was at the corner of New Hyde Park road, then he opened later at the store further West.
There was also an Edelmans on Jericho Tpk in New Hyde Park, where the Bob Howards is now. Opened and closed around 1980.
So far no one mentioned Collectors on Jericho Tpk, although he is not gone that long.

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
I can't remember the name they where in Port Jefferson by Tayler rentals bought my first shotgun Mossy 500 ,a Calico m900(dam I wish I still had that one) and my Browning A v
Bolt (30-06 VX3 Leupold)stainless stalked. They had a nice range.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I remember Burns Bros. Never went in though.

Pate said:
How about Burns Bros who moved to Vets Hwy just south of the LIE.

You also had Executive Gun Shop in Smithtown who moved to the Medford store on 112 which is now Bensons.

Tee-Dee was right around the corner also.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.