Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Don't worry - it will soon be justified by that $15/hr gas attendant filling your tank.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your vehicles dont run on oil, they run on gas, which requires refineries. Cheap oil doesnt mean the taxes, regulations, and cost to refine go down.
I'm pretty well versed in the making of gasoline and getting it from ground to pump. I'm comparing the cost of the fuel to other states and as mentioned by another member that prices drop molasses slow when the price of crude plummets yet they're out there with their pricing sticks jacking up the price within minutes of announcing crude is rising.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
The Gulf of Mexico right now is dead a lot of shut down rigs and even more wells that are capped off
Thanks to you know who. Fortunately the private sector has been doing well in supplying our petroleum/gas needs around all the Gubmint interference.

Attachments

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
I bet shut down oil rigs and fracking fields still have expenses to be met. We have a built-in cost of doing business expenses and should oil skyrocket, we need the ability to ramp up production quickly.
(At least that's what I tell myself while some fat-cat oil broker lines their pockets with fear based market pricing.)

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
Now that Obama is letting Iran start selling their oil, I dont know if American Oil will ever get back up and running again.
Good in a way. Use all of their oil first.... Then look to using our own. Canada/USA had that as a part of their long term strategy for years. Use the profits to drill, cap and use it later once the cheap stuff is drained from the Middle East.

Reactions: SemiAutoFetish

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
It's not bad enough that we have the highest property taxes in the country but they also need to rape us with gas taxes that put us in the top five states. We also have some of the worst roads in the country. Let's not even look at electric Kw prices now. This state blows in more ways than can be counted.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/01/20/24-7-wall-st-state-gas-taxes/22056799/
Interesting article.
As I was reading I was wondering what about non road vehicle use of gasoline.
How many millions of gallons of gas a year are used for lawn mowers and small power equipment?
Off road vehicles?
Now what about boats?
They have virtually no impact on highway/roadways at all, Is the fuel at marinas still taxed the same way as a road going vehicle?
There has to be millions in boat fuel a year purchased.
How much impact on the roads do motorcycles have versus the average car/truck?
Should gas used in motorcycles be taxed differently based on the impact on the infrastructure?

Just thinking.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Interesting article.
As I was reading I was wondering what about non road vehicle use of gasoline.
How many millions of gallons of gas a year are used for lawn mowers and small power equipment?
Off road vehicles?
Now what about boats?
They have virtually no impact on highway/roadways at all, Is the fuel at marinas still taxed the same way as a road going vehicle?
There has to be millions in boat fuel a year purchased.
How much impact on the roads do motorcycles have versus the average car/truck?
Should gas used in motorcycles be taxed differently based on the impact on the infrastructure?

Just thinking.
you can add farm equipment into the mix be it gas or diesel...

Reactions: Flagg888
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.