Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Obama aide charged with shooting at police officer boyfriend

2K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Parashooter 
#1 ·
But, but, but................................

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/10/barvetta-singletary-white-house-staffer-charged-wi/

By Dave Boyer and Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Updated: 7:00 p.m. on Monday, August 10, 2015

The White House has placed an aide to President Obama on unpaid leave after she was charged with shooting a gun at her boyfriend, an officer with the U.S. Capitol Police, during an argument.
Barvetta Singletary, 37, who is a special assistant to Mr. Obama and also holds the title of House legislative liaison, was charged with assault and reckless endangerment after allegedly threatening and shooting at the man after having sex with him at her home in Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

Ms. Singletary was released Monday from jail in Prince George's County, Maryland, after posting a $75,000 bond.
"We are aware of the matter and have temporarily placed the employee in question on unpaid leave and revoked her access to the complex until we have more information," a White House spokesperson said. "We will take additional actions as needed. For further questions, I would refer you to the Prince George's County Police Department."
Police said Ms. Singletary on Friday texted her boyfriend, who was not identified, "to come to her residence … for sexual intercourse," according to the charging documents. Afterward, according to the criminal complaint, Ms. Singletary went to the man's car with him and accused him of dating other women.
Inside the car, she allegedly took the man's cellphones and his .40 caliber Glock 23 service weapon, demanding the passwords to unlock messages on the phones.
Ms. Singletary allegedly grabbed his service weapon from a bag and fired one round toward him, documents say.
"You taught me how to use this, don't think I won't use it," Ms. Singletary allegedly said before shooting, the police report said.
The officer fled and called 911. Ms. Singletary was arrested without incident.
U.S. Capitol Police spokeswoman Kimberley Schneider said the department is investigating the matter, CNN reported.
Prior to joining the White House staff at a salary of $125,000 in 2014, Ms. Singletary worked as deputy chief of staff and policy director to Rep. James Clyburn of South Carolina, the third-ranking House Democrat.

See less See more
#5 ·
I never left my service pistol unsecured when dating. This guy was on a booty call. These types of incidents are avoidable.
The officer's statement "She ran away from my Escalade back in her crib with my fortay...she bust a cap ...I run Oh Lordy"

#13 ·
Of course, she's one of the Chosen One's people.

If she was just an ordinary schmuck like you or me, it would be a different story entirely.

#10 ·
Wow another Democrat involved shooting. I now know why the Democrats want our guns they don't fear us they fear themselves they must feel they are not trustworthy to possess a firearm I believe they are right they have a mental illness.

Reactions: fsfty
#15 ·
Gotta love those made up names... 'barvetta' What happened? mom met dad at a bar and ran out back to his Vette? (poor car)

(Ran across a ms. Aquanetta way back. Still a chuckle)

#20 ·
Yo steppin up on me MoFo? I ain't been dissin' yo ho' sista!.... Just sayin' I been meetin' da beotch... yo.

Reactions: Aquabach
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.