Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
In my opinion, the "must issue" states provide the model for New York to follow; and it will actually be easy to do in a single, simple law.

I was recently in South Carolina (a must issue state). At the door of a restaurant I ate in was a sign " no concealed carry allowed". Hence, that's all NY would need to do; pass a law that any publicly accessible place with such a sign posted can legally disallow concealed carry. The only caveat as mentioned in an earlier post; the currently privileged folks; the rich, famous, politically connected, and retired police will have to abide by the same laws since it would be very had to make such carve outs to the law.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It is my hope that Bruce Blakeman will follow the SCOTUS ruling and not engage in obstructionist tactics and I think that you are correct in that he will not.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
In my opinion, the "must issue" states provide the model for New York to follow; and it will actually be easy to do in a single, simple law.

I was recently in South Carolina (a must issue state). At the door of a restaurant I ate in was a sign " no concealed carry allowed". Hence, that's all NY would need to do; pass a law that any publicly accessible place with such a sign posted can legally disallow concealed carry. The only caveat as mentioned in an earlier post; the currently privileged folks; the rich, famous, politically connected, and retired police will have to abide by the same laws since it would be very had to make such carve outs to the law.
I was seeing clearly posted signs on stores not allowing concealed carry in “Gun Friendly” States. You have to research every state in regards to carrying concealed. In certain States, you must immediately inform any Law Enforcement Officer you are carrying concealed. I hope New York doesn’t have a mandatory live fire course to obtain a concealed carry license like they do in Texas.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts

Very difficult to enforce and could negatively impact a business if firearm owners refuse to patronize a store implementing this policy.

Reactions: irondog and RSL

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Very difficult to enforce and could negatively impact a business if firearm owners refuse to patronize a store implementing this policy.
I was at a gun store in Florida. The sign prohibiting concealed carry. I asked the employee who was a Sergeant in the Sheriffs Office that it’s for safety and insurance purposes. While it might be a store policy, certain states make it a crime if you are caught inside a business with a sign posted at the entrance.
I believe we will have new laws passed here in New York that will make it impossible to carry out in public.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That is a matter of opinion- since the Bruen matter has fueled a significant number of proposed legislation in NY State. I assume you take issue with the title of the video and so do I however the content is accurate and reflects a significant number of efforts to limit access to handguns, discourage manufacturers from conducting business in NY, decrease availability and increase prives of handguns in NY.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts