Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
MOLON LABE
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NYSPRA posted their position on ridding society of realistic looking toy guns on their Facebook page. I was one of the first posts respectfully disagreeing with their position. Within minutes numerous post questioned the anti toy gun position. Almost immediately my post and other posts were deleted. The option to post a comment or reply was disabled. NYSPRA continued to reply in the comment section further supporting an anti toy gun agenda. I started to think NYSPRA was hacked, or that it was using typical Obama tactics when dealing with opinions that did not promote it's agenda. I am a dues paying member of NYSPRA and disgusted by their childish actions. I will not be renewing my membership. Rant over.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Funny, I always questioned the intelligence of people that think of any gun as a toy.
I guess your mommy never let you play with cap guns as a kid, sounds like you missed out. There's a difference between toy guns and real guns there's a reason they are not in the same group.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,135 Posts
From the NYSRPA FB page

It is a sensible precaution that will save lives. Imagine, if you will, that you are a police officer faced with a young person waving a gun in a crowd and that person shouts "I am going to kill you all" and then levels his gun into the crowd - and you hear the "pop pop pop" of a realistic sounding pistol. It looks like a gun, it sounds like a gun... maybe it is a gun. You open fire killing a person only to discover to your horror that it was a toy pistol in the hands of a disturbed child.
The problem with this logic is this, imagine if the gun in their scenario had a bright orange tip. Is the officer going to say "oh, it must be a toy!" Or are they going to say "I don't know if it's a toy or a real gun with some paint on it so I better shoot?"

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Per NYSRPA admission only 60 instances have been reported of children being shot holding a toy gun.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
Per NYSRPA admission only 60 instances have been reported of children being shot holding a toy gun.
Not directed at Mossy

here is the quote --- [background=rgb(246, 247, 248)]There have been at least eight deaths involving toy-gun-prompted shootings in New York since 1994, according to the attorney general's office, and at least 63 shootings total.[/background]

This stat is far from clear ... first .. it is not confined to just children ....... 2nd... what was the person doing when the insident happened? ...playing in their own yard or sticking up a 7/11...... absolutely... useless stats

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.