Long Island Shooters Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The County Licensing Officer has the ability to accept training. Check the DCJS memo. The Suffolk Sheriffs Office could provide a list of authorized courses since they are not accepting just any 18 hour course.
The instructor needs to be a "duly authorized instructor" as defined by the Penal Law and that's what the Sheriff's (and everyone else should) accept. So, military instructor, DCJS instructor, NRA, 4H, DEC, but they have to follow the state curriculum.

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
The instructor needs to be a "duly authorized instructor" as defined by the Penal Law and that's what the Sheriff's (and everyone else should) accept. So, military instructor, DCJS instructor, NRA, 4H, DEC, but they have to follow the state curriculum.
Correct, The DCJS memo has that information.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,681 Posts
I am also waiting at least until the Gov race is over before I decide anything. While a new Gov can not repeal a law unilaterally (technically speaking), as we have seen the Dems have as much contempt for the NY Constitution as they do for the US Constitution, so whats good for the goose is good for the gander. If Zeldin gets in let's hope he lets the Executive orders fly. If I were Zeldin I would quote Obama and say "I've got a pen and I've got a phone."

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Zeldan is not going to win not a chance in hell. If anything he will lose with a few percentages.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Republicans don't have the balls to say or do what the Democrats do. They're scared and gutless. That's why they will lose.
NO they are not scared or gutless. There are Crypto-Marxists or paid off... I bet most here vote for anyone with an "R" because it's better than a "D". Maybe the "R" says there pro gun and vote against gun control. Ok great but they sell us out in other ways. Here is a "great" one some here will support. just the kind of republicans New Yorkers like; NeoCon Nikki. Look who pays here...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Zeldan is not going to win not a chance in hell. If anything he will lose with a few percentages.
He has such a small shot. i am certainly voting for him so long as i am resident. But with commie maneuvers and left wing republicans and voter base, it's very unlikely.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts