Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
8,822 Posts
Breaking now.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/07/17/staten-island-security-scare/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - The NYPD has issued a "be on the lookout" alert after a woman carrying what appears to be weapon was photographed on Staten Island.

The photos were taken Friday at the Midland Beach parking lot by a retired member of the NYPD.

It is not yet clear if the weapon the person was spotted carrying is an actual assault rifle or paintball gun.

Police are searching for two SUVs with New Jersey license plates A83FCB and PSJ52V.

Another photo shows two additional people holding what appears to be weapons.

A retired officer snapped this photo on Staten Island on July 17, 2015. (credit: NYPD)
A retired officer snapped this photo on Staten Island on July 17, 2015. (credit: NYPD)

Police have set up traffic checkpoints in the area as they search for the vehicles. Click here for current traffic conditions.

The Coast Guard station at Fort Wadsworth was briefly locked down briefly as a result of the security alert.

Military installations in our area have stepped up security as a result of the attack on two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tenn. Thursday. Four marines were killed by a gunman who also died.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Asphalt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I had a paintball gun like that,end off barrel looks fat
Exactly. There's one on the wall at a local gun store that looks just like that.

Reactions: artburg and Destro

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Walker1847

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Next to a young man/kid by the van, up close looks like a soccer mom making a joke for a selfie--she's laughing--(the scarf is not a real hajib rather a scarf wrapped over here head), probably the kid's airsoft gun/replica from the mini van and she was like derp, this would be a funny shot.

I seriously think that's what it is, a stupid tasteless joke photo op, cause I'm a master of stupid dark humor that would often get me into trouble (like traipsing through my woods in a hockey mask and machete). Everyone has camera phones today and tape everything.

Remember most of Tom Green and the Jackass crew's stunts would get them shot or mobbed in today's PC and post 9/11 world.

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
Ok, there is a possibility it is a paintball gun... but really? Not to be a racist, bigot, zenophobe, but did you look at how she's dressed? Unless she's going to force-on-force training in OPFOR costume, she ain't a paintballer!

That being said, I'm sure if she was nefarious, she would have shot someone already. Could be kid's airsoft gun or some such thing.

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts
Next to a young man/kid by the van, up close looks like a soccer mom making a joke for a selfie--she's laughing--(the scarf is not a real hajib rather a scarf wrapped over here head), probably the kid's airsoft gun/replica from the mini van and she was like derp, this would be a funny shot.

I seriously think that's what it is, a stupid tasteless joke photo op, cause I'm a master of stupid dark humor that would often get me into trouble (like traipsing through my woods in a hockey mask and machete).

Remember most of Tom Green and the Jackass crew's stunts would get them shot or mobbed in today's PC and post 9/11 world.
Ding ding ding!! Winner!

And the winner of the best comment on that page is Zigger with "The guy behind the van needs to stop visiting the aloha snackbar so often."

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
well, unless the plates are stolen the police already have Joisey addresses. but I doubt this thread will go 18 asshat neighbor pages...

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
There are many Anthropologie wearing neo hippie soccer moms dressed like that (wife shops there, I often joke "you look like you bought that in a middle east market).. Scarves are big too, that is not classic hajib. That is a dorky mom grabbing a kid's airsoft and wrapping her tory birch scarf round her head for a tasteless selfie. I'm all to pile on but not everyone with an NRA sticker or Gadsden flag is an extremest tea party agent. This is just a stupid photo picked up by other people in the parking lot. She's clearly laughing and looks Caucasian for the grainy photo.

Everyone has cam phones and the media is so reactionary (often against our causes--let's lock down a school, a kid was spotted with a super soaker!).

I often joke around with my Shemagh, camo hiking gear, and outsiders might get the wrong idea. PC has killed dark tasteless humor. (Tom Green, Jackass, etc.)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.