1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
City Could Introduce Online Gun Offender Registry

By Sarah Matheson, Epoch Times | August 21, 2013
Last Updated: August 21, 2013 1:38 pm.

NEW YORK-New Yorkers could be given access to an online gun offender registry, similar to the sex offender registry, if an amendment to bill is passed by City Council.

Public officials gathered on the steps of City Hall on Wednesday, Aug. 21, to talk about amending the bill sponsored by Council Member Peter Vallone Jr., which would extend access of the gun offender registry to the public. At present the registry is accessible only to the NYPD.

Valone will introduce the amendment at tomorrow's City Council stated meeting, and said it could be enacted as early as January next year.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/256591-city-could-introduce-online-gun-offender-registry/

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
In actuality it might not be such a bad thing. As long as they include a notation stating if the perps gun was legally owned and obtained. Could help demonstrate that we are not the enemy. The enemy is the enemy...this'll never work.

I'll still register for the first one.

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
I can see it now " massapequa construction worker, father of 3 and wife to xyz along with being a member and foot soldier of the terrorist organization longislandfirearms.com backslash forum has been arrested for possession of an otherwise preban 12 round beretta 96 magazine. he will be the first added to the registry. shame on him."

Why dont we just have an alleged gang member registry so you can know if you live near thugs since they are the ones using the guns to harm people anyway. In all seriousness this registry is too late and too past its usefulness because after january of 2014 its going to be very misleading as a number of people on the list will be civil rights activists opposing the safe act, NOT criminals.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
I'm trying to not get myself banned here... Unfortunately I cannot be honest about what I saw while working for the People's Republic of NY City...
??????? Are you trying to say that the people arrested for firearm related crimes in new york city are mainly minorities mostly black and Hispanic those are the facts they are undeniable even Bloomberg admitted this with the whole stop& frisk

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
"Bang, two drops in two hours"

Criminals brag on Facebook now. We don't need a registry when crime stats are voluntarily publicized.

Reactions: The Architect

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
How about a sense offender registry?

Bloomberg, Cuomo, Vallone....

Has it occurred to them that if they kept the "gun offenders" in jail they would not NEED a registry, instead of trying to turn all gun owners into gun "offenders"?

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
I hate this State....... and I really hate NYC..... More BS laws that do nothing good
I used to breathe a sigh of relief when I left the borders of NYS. Now that we are surrounded by liberalism on all sides, I don't feel it anymore... Sad...

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
City Could Introduce Online Gun Offender Registry

By Sarah Matheson, Epoch Times | August 21, 2013
Last Updated: August 21, 2013 1:38 pm.

NEW YORK-New Yorkers could be given access to an online gun offender registry, similar to the sex offender registry, if an amendment to bill is passed by City Council.

Public officials gathered on the steps of City Hall on Wednesday, Aug. 21, to talk about amending the bill sponsored by Council Member Peter Vallone Jr., which would extend access of the gun offender registry to the public. At present the registry is accessible only to the NYPD.

Valone will introduce the amendment at tomorrow's City Council stated meeting, and said it could be enacted as early as January next year.

http://www.theepocht...ender-registry/
NYC already had this in place. It's called GORA. Gun Offender Registration Act. Like the article states they want to make the info available to the general public of anyone convicted of any CPW (Criminal Possession of a Weapon).

·
Jackbooted Thug
2,426 Posts
??????? Are you trying to say that the people arrested for firearm related crimes in new york city are mainly minorities mostly black and Hispanic those are the facts they are undeniable even Bloomberg admitted this with the whole stop& frisk
If you take the gun registry data and put it on a map, then take the UF250 data and put it on a map and then overlay them on top of each other I'm pretty positive you'll find they are very similar and they are also concentrated to certain neighborhoods...

·
Banned
2,252 Posts
This will be shut down as soon as they realize most people on the registry are poor inner city folks involved in drug crime and not legal gun owners.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
NYC already has a registry of all the firearms owned by individuals. Myself being one. I just don't want it publicized and people think I'm some kind of gun-toting maniac.

To be honest, this is just stupid. We already know that criminals get guns illegally.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts