Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone would know an answer to this. If I buy a rifle or shotgun here and move to NJ do I need to register it in any way with.the state. I was told jersey has a waiting period and strict long arm laws.

I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was hoping someone would know an answer to this. If I buy a rifle or shotgun here and move to NJ do I need to register it in any way with.the state. I was told jersey has a waiting period and strict long arm laws.

I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Im interested in this same topic for Firearms as well. I might be moving there this summer and that darn Brian Aiken debacle is fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Im interested in this same topic for Firearms as well. I might be moving there this summer and that darn Brian Aiken debacle is fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I believe you need a FOID card.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.3 Firearm identification card or permit to purchase required
(a) No person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer, shall receive, purchase
or otherwise acquire a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, unless
that person possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall
sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an
antique rifle or shotgun, to a person other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer
unless the buyer or receiver possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card.

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I believe you need a FOID card.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.3 Firearm identification card or permit to purchase required
(a) No person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer, shall receive, purchase
or otherwise acquire a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, unless
that person possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall
sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an
antique rifle or shotgun, to a person other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer
unless the buyer or receiver possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card.

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
The FOID card is to purchase, not to own.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
deathsythe said:
In NJ, they also have something called a FPID (Firearms Purchasers ID). I'm guessing the FID is the equivalent of a NY Pistol License (TO OWN AND TRANSPORT in NY, NOT CARRY), and the FPID is the equivalent of a Purchase Document. They also have a Carry License which is impossible to get unless you are rich or famous.

·
Registered
521 Posts
deathsythe said:
In NJ, they also have something called a FPID (Firearms Purchasers ID). I'm guessing the FID is the equivalent of a NY Pistol License (TO OWN AND TRANSPORT in NY, NOT CARRY), and the FPID is the equivalent of a Purchase Document. They also have a Carry License which is impossible to get unless you are rich or famous.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maverick said:
http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html
This link says nothing of a FID card. Only the FPID card.

I thought New York was bad. This is so much worse. A Colt AR-15 is illegal in NJ but apparently the Colt Match Target AR-15 is legal as per the State Police. What does that mean for a Bushmaster, Stag or DPMS?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maverick said:
http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html
This link says nothing of a FID card. Only the FPID card.

I thought New York was bad. This is so much worse. A Colt AR-15 is illegal in NJ but apparently the Colt Match Target AR-15 is legal as per the State Police. What does that mean for a Bushmaster, Stag or DPMS?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts