Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to decide what 2A organization to support. I decided that since the NY State Rifle and Pistol Association is the force behind the Cortlett Supreme Court Case I should join and support; they are also financing the legal representation. Also as a NY resident we need all the advocacy we can get.

I figured they might end up being responsible for the most significant 2A CCW Supreme Court Decision.

In light of the current state of the NRA should I also join the NRA? Any other organizations worthy of support? Any opinions about joining the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association?

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
The liberals in NYC are trying to moot another case denying an applicant a premises license for an old arrest that was dropped when he was 15 years old. It was appealed, NYC gave in and gave him his premise pistol license. SCOTUS must stop this since NYC can deny this man his renewal.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
The Second Amendment Foundation is driving the majority of 2A legal cases. Drop some money on them. It will help them out.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,992 Posts
The NYSRPA is the official NRA-affiliated State Association in New York. They are tied to the NRA. Both are worthy of donations.
If you like court cases, then support the NRA's Civil Rights Defense Fund. It is the legal war-chest of the NRA. NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund: Home
The Second Amendment Foundation has been the point group in prosecuting lawsuits against the anti-gun laws throughout the country. They havn't been active in NY as much as I like to see, but they have the biggest and baddest pro 2A lawyers and use them before SCOTUS.
I also like to throw money at Professor John Lott's group the Crime Prevention Research Center. Professor Lott does the research which is used in battling anti-gun groups in court and in the legislature. He does God's work and takes crap for it. https://crimeresearch.org/

Reactions: TheLevelOne

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Definitely join the NYSRPA. We will hopefully get the results in June 2022 that will remove the administrative restrictions. It will allow every New York pistol license holder the ability to carry concealed. Another pro 2A case will possibly remove magazine restrictions. With over 7 million new gun owners. Gun stores should try and push these pro 2A organizations.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,436 Posts
I have been trying to decide what 2A organization to support. I decided that since the NY State Rifle and Pistol Association is the force behind the Cortlett Supreme Court Case I should join and support; they are also financing the legal representation. Also as a NY resident we need all the advocacy we can get.

I figured they might end up being responsible for the most significant 2A CCW Supreme Court Decision.

In light of the current state of the NRA should I also join the NRA? Any other organizations worthy of support? Any opinions about joining the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association?
While the NYSRPA is the lead name, on this case, the actual funding and legal work is being provided by NRA. Send your money to NRA-ILA and to the Second Amendment Foundation. Both are the real drivers, in pro-2A lawsuits, in this country.
Gary

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,992 Posts
While the NYSRPA is the lead name, on this case, the actual funding and legal work is being provided by NRA. Send your money to NRA-ILA and to the Second Amendment Foundation. Both are the real drivers, in pro-2A lawsuits, in this country.
Gary
I don't believe the NRA-ILA has anything to do with lawsuits. I believe that section of the NRA lobbies politicians and legislatures. Not too successfully of late I may add. As stated above, its the NRA's Civil Rights Defense Fund that underwrites the court actions.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,436 Posts
I don't believe the NRA-ILA has anything to do with lawsuits. I believe that section of the NRA lobbies politicians and legislatures. Not too successfully of late I may add. As stated above, its the NRA's Civil Rights Defense Fund that underwrites the court actions.
Grif:
You're right. I should have said "NRA's CRDF," not NRA-ILA.
Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts