Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the likelihood of this Bill actually passing?

I was thinking or buying a Beretta M9- a 1911 and a Sig Sauer P226. I was hoping to do this over the next few years, however, if the Bill is likely to pass should I speed up my time line?

I assume that any semi automatic handguns purchased before the Bill is passed would be grandfathered.

Thanks for any insights.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,527 Posts
In NY, anything is possible. Will it hold up, in a court battle? No but that will take several years and much expense, to have it shot down. They know that.
Gary

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Any idea when this will pass (hoping you are wrong but I think you are right).

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. It is frustrating that such as useless bill will pass and there is no way to stop it.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone this group should write to? My State Representative is Co Sponsoring the bill so that would be a waste of a letter although I might write it anyway.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,538 Posts
This is the Peoples Republic of NY. I recommend writing to GOD, and praying for divine intervention.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I‘m so glad that I just added another to my collection before this happens. I need to stop. I have no more room in the safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts