Long Island Shooters Forum banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY State 4x4 Permit Information

Permits can be purchased at: Robert Moses State Park, Belmont Lake State Park, & Montauk Downs (golf course).
Dates Of Sale: January 2, to April 30th,
Tues. After Labor Day to Dec. 31,

Annual Fee for the permit is $65.00

The NYS permit allows access to the following outer beaches: Gilgo, Cedar (Sore Thumb area), Robert Moses (Democrat Point), Napeague, Hither Hills, and Montauk Point.

Check list of equipment needed when you drive on any NY State beaches.

Air Pressure Gauge - min. 5psi ( low pressure )
Air Pump (recommended not required )
Jack Board 3/4" thick x 12" x 12" (min.) hardwood or ply
Lug Wrench (recommended not required )
Tow Rope or Chain
Flashlight (recommended not required )
Minimum of 1 red flare
Minimum of 1 fire extinguisher (USCG Approved)
First Aid Kit
Plastic Pail (recommended not required )
Spare Tire
Garbage Bags

For additional information contact:
Belmont Lake State Park Officet: (631) 667-5055
NYS Parks Office -Headquarters: (631) 669-1000
NYS Parks Office -Robert Moses: (631) 669-0470

Starting 2010 you will also need a NYS Saltwater Fishing Permit to be on the beach.

Here is the link for information. http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/54950.html

Saltwater fishing info http://www.striperonline.com/sore_thumb.htm

· The Sysop
35,824 Posts
  • Like
Reactions: K Williams
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Not open for further replies.