Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been lurking for forever. This forum is great and it's been my go to place on many local firearms issues. I'm involved in firearms advocacy and it's been very helpful. About m, I'm an NRA Life Endowment Member and an NYSRPA member. I have participated in public debates on firearms law and policy. We are a traditional church-going family and I want to ensure that my children have the same traditions and freedoms we've been blessed with, despite living in a state that curtails many of them. I live in the Huntington area.

Finally, I decided it's about time to join, especially because I thought you all could help me with something else.

I am cross eye dominant. Even worse, my dominant eye doesn't see as well! With my scoped rifle, I just use my primary eye. With an open-sighted rifle, I close one eye. With a shotgun, it doesn't seem to detrimentally affect me.

Recently, though, I've had a big problem as I switch to firing my pistol with both eyes open. I have gotten much, much worse and am struggling to adjust.

Can anyone recommend an NRA certified instructor, preferably law enforcement? I am a member of Freeport and have pretty good access to the Nassau County range.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,396 Posts
There are several, excellent, NRA-certified Instructors, who are members of Freeport R&R. Since you're a member, there, one sh/be easy to find. Ask around, at your next members' meeting or at their range.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts