Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing could go wrong with this, right?

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Lots of bad products out there, lots of poor instructors out there. Everybody's trying to make a buck.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
It always works in the movies...

·
Banned
0 Posts
So…. the purpose is to warn the bad guy where your trigger finger is at?
The shooter should already know so it can't be for his benefit.

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
"The practically untrained making solutions to problems they don't understand"

Is the salesman a member of congress??

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
I dunno if I was the only one paying attention, but there's a light button on the ready position to turn on the light and identify your target. If you have that target identified and you then want to shoot it, and you are an "operator", not having a light on for the additional time it would take to switch it on and off seems to make a lot of sense EXCEPT any real "operators" probably are using thermal or IR systems and don't need the light AT ALL.

Which does kind of beg the question who the intended consumer is.

But it does NOT appear that you have to put your finger on the trigger to activate the light., but rather if you DO put your finger on the trigger it will automatically illuminate your light. that's a fairly fundamental difference that I don't think the creators of the video figured out.

That said, I'm not a big fan of complexity for the sake of complexity, I find a light with a tailswitch (bump switch) on the rail is very easy to find, especially to slide your index finger knuckle into if it's mounted about an inch forward of an AFG.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I enjoyed the comments from Ian and Karl.

This is a crazy stupid idea to put your finger on the trigger in order to activate the light.

·
Clinger
4,824 Posts
"...this is for use by the high end user " ?...... "High End User" ... LOL.... yeah well... I guess I'm not in your market , guy ....

·
Banned
0 Posts
The way I understand the video, the button forward of the trigger/ trigger guard is the on/off. You get a steady laser dot. Put your finger inside the trigger guard and the steady laser goes strobe. WTF do you want that? Don't you know already where your finger is? How about a loud beeping and a verbal warning too?

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Actually the light will mesmerize the giraffe before you shoot it in the face. For a grizzly bear however, this is like ringing the dinner bell.

Attachments

Reactions: Hannco

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Wow. So much wrong with this.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
You can tell from the comments how many guys watched one minute into the video and saw the FIRST product and then thought that was it.

The item being discussed here is the AR "sniper" rifle with the flashlight on it, not the Glock with the laser on it.

And once again, you do not have to put your finger on the trigger to turn on the light, there is a button at the rest position. The idea behind this is apparently so the light goes on automatically (once activated by the side button) if you take a shot, then self-extinguishes when you take your finger off the trigger. Again, of dubious merit but not inherently dangerous. The guys who made the vodeo did not seem to understand what it does, ditto for a number of comments here. If you know how it works but still think it's stupid, well, that's a whole other issue and your viewpoint is not without merit.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
pass, good luck I see your target market as a liberal with a gun that wants to warn the bad guy that you are really gonna shoot if you dont go away

1 - 20 of 23 Posts