Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you ever think there would be such a platform for your customers to analyze and discuss your establishments?

Welcome to the 20th Century

Did you ever think your mishandling of your customers would come back to bite you?

Welcome to the 20th Century

Did you ever think you should change your philosophy?

WELCOME TO LIF!!!! Thanks Steve..........

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know with all of the stuff I'm hearing about these shops and their cliques. Some of the guys on this board have been around allot longer than I have and are telling stories of 20 years ago. What do they think when a younger guy (33) like myself walks in and gets the cold shoulder brush off that will forever be on my mind. Don't they understand that I may be a future customer. My family runs a business and we are always focused on keeping the current customers happy while maintaining a good standing for the future.

It is not a privilege for a customer to do business with anyone. It's a privilege that the customer walked in your front door.

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
I think "gun shops" is painting all of them with the same broad stroke, and seems a bot harsh of the industry as a whole.

Maybe, Note to Lame Local Gun Shops would be a better title in the OP

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I hear you, but I've walked into several of these shop with $$$ in pocket and walked out empty handed because I was insulted by their attitude. I'm 33 and I might look younger but have encountered several situations where I was set aside while an ensuing conversation with friends went on. Perhaps because I didn't "appear" to be a serious shopper.

The fact that there is a forum to discuss and evaluate, gives us more shopping power and thats the point I was highlighting.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
I agree with all the above except the following:  To the OP...it's the 21st century dude...sorry I had too, lol ;D

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL.....  I sooo Stupid!!!  :thanx

G

·
norad58 said:
AMERICAN OUTDOOR SPORTS should be first on the s*it list. Their attitude absolutely sucks.
Theres a few that are not liked amoung the general public...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
and is also good to know where the good ones are.....

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='']

Theres a few that are not liked amoung the general public...[/quote]

I started this thread several months ago after an unpleasant visit to an unnamed shop but I go to South Shore for everything I need.

For me South Shore is all I need.... Visits to other shops are just for eye candy.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
One of the core reasons for LIF was to expose these locations and make them change. After all we don't want to lose stores/ranges rather make them understand that there is a medium where we can speak and voice our opinions.

G

·
The Architect said:
One of the core reasons for LIF was to expose these locations and make them change. After all we don't want to lose stores/ranges rather make them understand that there is a medium where we can speak and voice our opinions.
I still think we settle for what we call gun shops now adays... I mean, How do they get to be this bad? I spend a recent trip to pa at a few gun stores and its nite and day, Even at the ones we call The best of Long Island... There still nothing like they should be.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would like to add my experience to this thread.

Two weeks ago was the first time I've ever been to a gun store. Naturally one is in awe at all these firearms in front of one's self, it was great. I took myself down to Suffolk Shooting Supply in Yaphank, and that must have been the BEST customer experience I have ever gotten. Mind you I'm 21, and I figured I was going to be treated as such, but no. They were happy to put rifles into my hands and explain everything about them, and they happily answered even the dumbest of questions I had. Even though there were a few guys in there hanging out, I'm assuming regulars/friends, they had no problem helping a young fella out like me. Extraordinary customer experience, and I highly recommend them to everyone! I must have put my hands on 20 rifles there, AND they even fixed my Ruger 10/22's front sight for free....talk about customer appreciation, I gladly purchased ammunition while I was there.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
[quote name='']

I still think we settle for what we call gun shops now adays... I mean, How do they get to be this bad? I spend a recent trip to pa at a few gun stores and its nite and day, Even at the ones we call The best of Long Island... There still nothing like they should be.[/quote]

As long as they have the Yaphank shuffle (or its equivalent in other jurisdictions) that makes license holders feel like criminals, NY stores will not improve.

One good news on the local gun store front is that Bensons has moved into a much nicer facility, however their handgun collection on display is still quite limited.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
ligun said:
As long as they have the Yaphank shuffle (or its equivalent in other jurisdictions) that makes license holders feel like criminals, NY stores will not improve.

One good news on the local gun store front is that Bensons has moved into a much nicer facility, however their handgun collection on display is still quite limited.
While the Yaphank shuffle is ridiculous, I'm not sure how that makes the guy behind the counter in the gun shop and asshole...mostly I figure it's genetic.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
dv0042 said:
While the Yaphank shuffle is ridiculous, I'm not sure how that makes the guy behind the counter in the gun shop and asshole...mostly I figure it's genetic.
More impulse buys will occur with less regulation leading to increased revenue for gun stores which may lead to new gun stores offering more competition and better service.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
[quote name='']Local shops give gun shops bad names... Its that simple, were giving them reason for being wrong[/quote]

And even the chain stores are not any better. I went to Dicks in Smithhaven Mall on Friday evening to buy some ammo. When I got there at 6:30 pm, the Lodge sales person was helping someone. He had to take them down with their purchase to the cash register. I waited till 7:00 pm and there was NO one who could help me. Finally a nice lady from another department went behind the counter and gave me the ammo that I wanted. She had the Lodge person paged several times before that to no avail. There were at least ten customers who came, waited for a little while and left without purchasing anything because of the simple fact that there was no sales person behind the counter. Several more did not bother waiting when they saw no one behind the counter. I have submitted a complaint on their web site about the total lack of service.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ligun,

That's the typical retail mentality. They try to save dollars and in the process, they lose several customers. Only thing they worry about is their payroll and don't think about the customer service.

What a shame.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.