Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im dressing as Clint from the good, the bad, and the ugly. I need a toy revolver. I went two 3 differently owned holloween store and all three told me " its against store policy to stock toy guns" after voicing my opinion one the employee said back " you know, where was a home invasion last night and 3 people broke in a pistol whipped someone." To which I replied, "I know, but that was a real pistol not a flimsy plastic toy....and i do not have the same intentions as those people." Ugghhhh, I cannot wait to move to the South, where they would have made sure didnt leave the store without a toy revolver. This state is a joke!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dollar store not yet. Party city was one of the three

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Im dressing as Clint from the good, the bad, and the ugly. I need a toy revolver. I went two 3 differently owned holloween store and all three told me " its against store policy to stock toy guns" after voicing my opinion one the employee said back " you know, where was a home invasion last night and 3 people broke in a pistol whipped someone." To which I replied, "I know, but that was a real pistol not a flimsy plastic toy....and i do not have the same intentions as those people." Ugghhhh, I cannot wait to move to the South, where they would have made sure didnt leave the store without a toy revolver. This state is a joke!
I think I would have starred for a moment right into that idiots vacant eyes and said," You're a special kind of stupid aren't you? And they want to raise the minimum wage." and then shook my head and left

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
This state and the country are hopeless. You might as well pack a real gun. The reaction you get from people towards a toy gun will be the same as a real one. You'll probably be harrassed by police if they see you even with a toy gun. And most people are so brainwashed from the media, they think a real gun is fake, and a fake gun is real. There's no making sense of it anymore.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This state and the country are hopeless. You might as well pack a real gun. The reaction you get from people towards a toy gun will be the same as a real one. You'll probably be harrassed by police if they see you even with a toy gun. And most people are so brainwashed from the media, they think a real gun is fake, and a fake gun is real. There's no making sense of it anymore.
You are totally right.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I went as James Bond, but didn't have a shoulder holster for a PPK-style gun, and forgot tuxedos don't have belts to carry it in the Galco Stinger. So, I used an old cigarette lighter my grandpa gave me and threw in in the breast pocket.

Good luck with your awesome costume.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theres a Health Mart drug store on Atlantic Ave in Freeport that stocks all kinds of cap guns. I love living in da hood!
After having no luck, I actually traveling from lindenhurst to the exactly store you mentioned above. You were certainly correct, I left with a orange revolver cap gun. Thanks for looking out!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I answered the door in my full SASS outfit.... I left the Colt and rig in the safe... No need to frighten the parents...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I answered the door in my full SASS outfit.... I left the Colt and rig in the safe... No need to frighten the parents...
Sweet! I worked on the actual holloween otherwise I wear a ghillie suit, lay in the plants and scare kids as they approach the house.

·
Banned
0 Posts
We saw a guy today at the supermarket. He was wearing a western style shearling and a Resistol (Stetson?) He even had the Sam Elliot mustache. Then I noticed he had on a pair of girly looking moccasins.
I looked down at my Ariats and SMH.

·
Registered
548 Posts
We saw a guy today at the supermarket. He was wearing a western style shearling and a Resistol (Stetson?) He even had the Sam Elliot mustache. Then I noticed he had on a pair of girly looking moccasins.
I looked down at my Ariats and SMH.
There's posers out there, for sure. However, It pays to be cautious with guys wearing cowboy hats in New York...

A few weeks ago, me, my wife, my brother (a Suffolk LEO) and his wife met a friend and his wife at Miller's Ale House for a late lunch. My friend, JR, grew up in New Mexico, and rode the rodeo circuit for a number of years. He works for a major western wear company. JR wears an expensive Larry Mahan hat and Tony Lama boots. I wear a Milano made "Justin" or one of my mid range Stetsons.

My brother and his wife arrived in her Pathfider and were waiting for us. JR and I both drive Jeep Wranglers. JR backed his much modded Wrangler into a spot next to a Prius just as two young guys came out and headed to the little hybrid.

JR was taking his time climbing out and was blocking the driver from getting into his car. Waiting with his arms crossed and with a smug grin on his face, the Prius driver said, "I don't see many cowboy hats around here". He nodded at JR and me.

"There's plenty of them, and you'd see more of 'em if you hang around with men more often. You won't see one worn by anyone driving one of those golf carts", JR said, waving his hand towards the Prius.

I could plainly see that young man was taken a'back by JR's less than genteel reply.

I walked around my Jeep, meeting my wife on the sidewalk with my brother and his wife and we watched JR do his mad dog mean thing....

"What the fu&k wrong with a Prius?", the annoyed young fella said defensively.

JR stopped and stared at him for a moment. My wife tugged on my arm, both of us knowing where this was heading.

"Nothing", JR said, "if you're towing a float in a gay pride parade".

"Go f#%k yourself!", the kid barked.

I smiled. My wife cringed. The kid's friend just stood there, mouth wide open.

JR took a step towards the foolish kid. "Son, if it's trouble you're looking for, I'm your man. Just keep in mind that this old cowboy is gonna send you home with your testicles in your shirt pocket."

"I'm really scared, mister", he said as he opened the car door, a subconscious barrier between him and JR.

"If you ain't, then you're dumber than you look, and that's saying somethin'."

The kid opened his mouth to speak. My brother stepped forward and shoved his badge in the kid's face.

"It's time for you to go on your way", he said. "I know that you have been drinking, so just go home, understand?"

"I'm not drunk!", said the young man.

"Do you want me to find out, or are you leaving right now?"

The kid said nothing. He and his buddy got in the Prius, started it and backed out. My brother jotted down the plate. They left.

The kid wasn't drunk, he was just stupid. The kind of stupid that gets one hurt. He had no idea what and who he was dealing with. Life isn't a video game or a TV show. No extra lives, no do-overs, no replays.

Different cultures altogether. Too many young people believe that there's no immediate consequences for being rude and glib, and are completely unprepared for those consequences. Guys like JR are walking, breathing consequences....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts